'I am fine bhai'

'I am fine bhai'

They reached to the company. Nandini ate her medicines.

She started making notes. Later in the evening Manik was sitting and having his coffee. But Nandini was working from past 4 hours continuously. He wanted a dedicated Pa but up to this extent he himself was amazed.

8:00 AM

Manik was packing his stuff but Nandini was oblivious to her surrounding as per Manik's assumption. But in reality she was keeping herself busy. If once her concentration will loose she will feel 1000 ants biting her, she will start with her coughing. It's all mind game. Every treatment takes time. But once mind give its attention to disease it becomes more difficult to bear any disease.

"I am leaving" he said. In other words to get her attention.

" Yes sir good night" Nandini said standing up from her seat.

"When will you leave? Its already late." He said a bit concerned for her.

"Just one more hour. I feel sleepy at home." Nandini said calculating work left to do.

"Okay" he replied and left the office.

Nandini reached home by 9: 30. Made porridge for herself. When her phone rang showing bhai.

She picked it instantly.

"hey baby doll how was the day, how was the presentation, I was busy in surgery. Sorry , why are you not replying" Abhimanyu asked with excitement, sadness and at last panicked.

"bhai, my presentation went well. Raj sir gave a lunch treat for my welcome party and its okay you were busy. Now take a deep breath." Nadini said.

She talked with him for few minutes to prevent a long lecture which her Bhai will give when he will find she is ill and then started her work.

Her presentation was ready by 2:00 AM.

Manik reached home after 30 minutes drive. He had dinner with everyone and completed the presentation for Dhawans. He can't rely on newcomer. This was risky to run such a big empire. Every plan should have back up that's what the policy of a true and responsible businessman.

Next day nadini woke up with sore throught. Her voice was not audible to herself.

She reached Dhawan's office and Manik was waiting for her at reception.

She bowed her head and handed him pen drives containing PPT.

" I hope this time pen drive is filled with presentable PPT Miss Murthy" Manik asked sternly as usual.

She nodded her head.

"Why are you not replying to my questions, its so frustrating" Manik said.

She wrote on paper

I am allergic to black pepper. I ate it by mistake yesterday.

Then Manik realized he only served and forced her to eat quietly.

It was time for presentation so right now his priority was business. They went to conference room.

As she entered along with him all members were already waiting for them. But what caught Nandini's eyes was her senior and role model Cabir. Looking at him just for one second bought all the memories of past which she have tried to nurture.

As meeting was already started, lights were off. After Cabir, Manik gave his presentation, which took 1 hour.

"So, we are looking forward to work with you on this project Mr Malhotra." Cabir said shaking hand with Manik.

Light were switched on.

All members were leaving one by one.

Both Manik and Cabir were engrossed in their chit chat. When they are alone, they are just childhood friends, the fab5. Their back was facing Nandini. She gathered her courage and stood in front of them.

"What? Go wait outside" Manik asked Nandini as she was invading their privacy.

"Hi" she said ignoring Manik s order.

Cabir who was standing in utter amazement pinched Manik to believe that she is real not imagination.

Before Manik could punch him Cabir took Nandini in bone crushing hug.

"How is my gudiya? Where did you disappeared I have searched you everywhere in Ahemadabad and even went to Jaipur. Then i got to know you have change your residence. I missed you." Cabir said breaking apart from her kissing her hair, a lone tear escaped from his eyes.

Manik was too shocked his Cabir was getting emotional for this girl, is he cheating on navya. Nandini's next reply proved him wrong.

"I am fine bhai" she whispered while coughing a bit.

"You ate pepper when will you be responsible I bet your appa have scolded you enough for today. So I am sparing you just today." Cabir said behaving like a big brother.

"They are no more to scold me. They left me years ago. I am an orphan now." Nandini said turning away from him

Cabir was again shocked. He again hugged her.

I know you have so many question, I will answer them but this is not right time and place. I have to go to the office with sir" Nandini said.

"This idiot is your boss" Cabir asked pointing at Manik

"Cabir" Manik gritted his teeth. Nandini laughed while Cabir joined him.

Manik was about to answer when he first time saw Nandini laughing. His mind was already messed up with the question how do they know each other. He gazed her. Nandini realized that she was making fun of her boss. She composed herself.

"Keep smiling gudiya, and I will wait for you to share everything" Cabir said keeping hand on her head.

"And what about me" Manik asked Cabir.

"When gudiya will share everything I will share with you also. And to kill your curiosity she is my sister which I have told you many times. She was my junior in IIM." Cabir replied

They left Dhawan industries.

And now Nandini was sipping ginger tea which Manik ordered her to drink. The Manik malhotra don't know how to appologize so he just cured her throat forcefully.