52 // kings and queens - 30 seconds to mars

People were walking around her, and a strawberry blonde girl was looking around herself, praying to God she didn't look as confused as she was currently feeling. There was no sign that read 'Lydia Martin', nor a tall boy with brown hair that was spiked up. She was really, really hoping that he wasn't on the wrong terminal, because that would be just awkward.

But he texted her that he saw her; how could she not see him then?

Lydia looked down at her phone, to see a new text message from Stiles: 'i see you, just walk straight forward and i'll hug you and try not to look as confused as you're currently looking bc someone might think i kidnapped you'. She smiled at the message because even in such an awkward moment, Stiles still tried to make a joke. Or maybe that wasn't a joke – did she really look that bad?

Still smiling as she looked up, she started walking straight forward as she had been instructed, now mildly concerned that she was going to end up dead in a container. That would be pretty awkward for her mom. And bad; very bad. Wait, why is she even thinking about ending up dead – in a container? Out of the blue, Lydia started laughing and dangerously lost her balance, but she regained it almost instantly, leaning against the wall.

She was too crazy and this trip was going to be a total wreck.

And she will end up dead in a container. A very stinky one.

"Hey," she heard an on-a-weird-way-familiar voice say and less than a moment later, Stiles quite awkwardly wrapped his hands around her, pulling her in a hug.

Oh, goodness – it was all too awkward already.

"Hey," Lydia replied and somehow managed to hug him back and make the entire scene a bit less awkward than it already was. A few seconds into the hug, Lydia let out the breath she didn't even know she was holding and laughed, feeling the awkwardness and nervousness letting go. "This wasn't that bad, huh?"

Stiles laughed – God, it was probably the most normal sound she had heard since she had left Canada, with almost all people in the plane being older and sleeping, yelling or something else. Seriously, hearing something as simple and normal as a laugh literally made her day.

"Well, not really," he replied, pulling away. "But it's still kind-of awkward, considering we've literally just met." He said it all with a smile dancing on his lips, looking directly into Lydia's eyes.

"Yeah, I know. But that's expected," Lydia awkwardly murmured, feeling the blood rushing to her cheeks. She looked down at her stuff and ran a hand through her hair, muttering silently, "God." She then noticed something; looking up Lydia smiled sheepishly at Stiles. "You're still holding my hand," she whispered to him, trying her best to not make it too awkward.

The tall boy –seriously, he was way taller than Lydia; it made her kind-of uncomfortable, because she didn't know anyone (apart from Danny) who was that tall – buried his head in his hands, making a sound somewhere in-between laughing and going 'ugh'. "I'm sorry, I just – I didn't really get enough sleep."

Lydia nodded and bit her lip; "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I totally forgot about the time differences."

"You just wanted to wake me up, didn't you?" Stiles teased with a huge grin and Lydia shrugged, at last admitting it (even though she really didn't do that on purpose). "I knew it."

"Good for you," she told him with a small smile, on what he rolled his eyes playfully and stuck his tongue at her; he was acting like a kid. "Ugh, shouldn't we, like, go, or something?" she asked trying not to bite her lip (that was something she would do when she was nervous, and she really didn't want to let Stiles know she was nervous as heck).