Mine (Kaeya/Aether)

"So..are you free today?", Kaeya asked slowly approaching Aether, the usual smug smile gracing his lips but the blonde only nodded looking insecure. He felt guilty. Guilty for not spending much time with Kaeya, guilty because he had put others first too often lately.
Wouldn't you usually spend as much time as possible with someone you've only been dating for a few weeks? Aether wanted that too but barely had time between all the jobs and favors he was doing. He really failed as a boyfriend, he was convinced of that and almost only waited for Kaeya to break up with him soon because of that.
"My my, don't look at me like that, my love~", cupping the blondes cheek, Kaeya leaned closer to place a kiss on his forehead. It was true, it was a nuisance to see him leave because of someone else all the time, but Kaeya could be patient if he really wanted to.
"It's okay, don't worry~ I'm mostly busy myself. Let's forget about that and continue our last date, shall we?", he added making Aether smile happily. The blonde blushed whenever Kaeya showed his affection to him in public, but right now he needed it to feel better.
"...I'd really like that...in case you really want to too..."
"Why wouldn't I, hm? Maybe just don't run away this time or I'll have to imprison you sometime~"
"..I didn't want to...really..."
The blue-haired chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Aethers waist and lifted him up, making him squeak surprised. The blonde giggled wrapping his arms around Kaeyas neck, now looking down to him blushing and smiling.
"You're not mad?"
"How could I ever be mad at you."

No matter how much Aether protested, albeit quite implausible since he was still giggling, Kaeya carried him in exactly this position to the Favonius headquarters where he lived. He didn't want to really imprison him, but he hoped they could stay undisturbed there a little longer. Yes, only shortly after they reached Kaeya's room, there was already a knock on his door. First a soft, then a louder knock just before the door opened, revealing an extremely concentrated looking alchemist.
"Don't pay any attention to me, Sir Kaeya. ...Aether, while you're here, could you help me and Sucrose out for a moment?", Albedo asked entering the room without permission, unaware that the two were dating. There could've been many reasons for Aethers visit after all.
"Really? Now?.....I'm sorry Albedo but I can't..", the blonde replied a little too quiet, uncomfortable because he had to reject his request and even more uncomfortable at the thought of leaving Kaeya alone again.
"Preferred now, yes. It shouldn't take up much of your time. As far as I know, Sir Kaeya still has some preparations to make, so this shouldn't be an inconvenience, right?"
Aether could only sigh, trying to come up with an excuse but before he knew it he was already in Albedo's laboratory, trying a strange looking tincture.
"...But please let's get it done quickly, ok?"

Even if Albedo had assured him that it would not take long, it was already dark when Aether left the laboratory again. He was still feeling a little dizzy, but of course he hurried back to Kaeya's room immediately. His knocking, however, remained unanswered, the room dark and deserted when he entered it anyway. The knight was no longer there and Aether could only sigh heavily, imagining Kaeya to be really mad at him now. He would really understand if he wanted to break up even if the thought alone hurt him deep inside. When he grabbed a piece of paper to leave him a note, Aether tried his best to make it the sweetest possible. At least he wanted to let him know how much he already meant to him despite everything and how sorry he was. He just had to let him know.

-

Nevertheless, their next dates weren't much better either. With luck, they spent an hour together before someone asked for Aether's help, simply wanted to talk to him or invite him to something. Kaeya hadn't been mad at him and wasn't mad at him now, but he would have had to lie to say he was happy. It was annoying to share his boyfriend with the world, after all, that was certainly not what he had imagined for their relationship. Aether didn't notice but Kaeya noticed the people which looked at Aether in love all the time too. He also understood that some of the gifts Aether received were not without ulterior motives and he knew what many of Aether's admirers thought, after all, he thought so often enough himself. It couldn't go on like this, that much was certain.