Unfinished business.

I called Sam to see how him and Kat were going on their side.
"Hey."
"Hey. How's the kid?"
"He's not good. Where you two at?"
"We're at the library. We've been trying to find out as much as we can about this Shtriga."
"We've got something?" Kat added.
"Yeah, what have you got?"
"Well, bad news. I started with Fort Douglas around the time you said Dad was there?"
"Yeah?" I questioned since he kinda stopped.
"Same deal. Before that there was Ogdenville, before that North Haverbrook and Brockway. Every 15-20 years it hits a new town. Dean this thing is just getting started in Fitzburgh. In all these other places it goes on for months.Dozens of kids before the shtriga finally moves on. The kids languish in comas and then they just die." He explained.
"How far back does this thing actually go?" I asked.
"Ah, I don't know. The earliest mention I could find is this place called "Black River Falls" back in the 1890s. Talk about a horror show..."
"Whoa." The two said at the same time confusing me.
"Sam? Kat?"
"Hold on...We're looking at a photgraph right now of a bunch of Doctors standing around a kids bed. One of the Doctors is Heidacker."
"Like, full blown, that's him." Kat stated.
"And?"
"And this picture was taken in 1893." The two told surprising me.
"You sure?"
"Yeah. Yeah absolutely."
"Like, I've questioned a lot about what I hear or see but this.... This is real." Kat explained before I hung up and turned to watch Heidecker who was sitting on Asher's bed.
"Don't worry, your son's in good hands. I'm going to take care of him." He told to the mother before he moved towards me in the doorway and I wanted to do nothing more then slit his throat. "So what's the CDC come up with so far?"
"We're still working on a few theories. You'll know something as soon as we do." I told as I tried to keep my cool.
"Well, nothings more important to me than these kids. Let me know if I can help."
"I'll do that."
'I hate this son of a bitch.'

We were all back in the Motel room and I couldn't shake the anger I had.
"We should have thought of this before. A Doctor's a perfect disguise. You're trusted, you can control the whole thing." Sam stated.
"Also you can finish the job if you didn't fully get a chance the night before." Kat added.
"That son of a bitch."
"I'm surprised you didn't draw on him right there." Sam pointed out.
"Yeah well, first of all, I'm not going to open fire in a pediatrics ward." I stated.
"Yeah that makes sense."
"Good call." Sam told.
"Second, it wouldn't have done any good. The bastards bullet proof unless he's chowing down on something. And third, I wasn't packing, which is probably a good thing cause I probably would have burned a clip in him on principal alone."
"You're getting wise in your old age Dean." Sam told.
"Damn right. Cause now I know how we're going to get it." I stated.
"What do you mean?" The two asked,
"Shtriga, works through siblings right?"
"Right."
"Well last night..."
"It went after Asher." Sam told realising we had an advantage.
"So I'm thinking tonight it's probably gunna come after Michael."
"Well we gotta get him outta here." Sam told.
"No. No, that would blow the whole deal." I stated.
"What?"
"Yeah."
"You wanna use the kid as bait? Are you nuts? No! Forget it. That's out of the question." Sam argued.
"It's not out of the question Sam it's the only way. If this thing disappears it could be years before we get another chance." I explained.
"It doesn't seem safe to do that Dean." Kat pointed out.
"Michael's a kid. And I'm not going to dangle him in front of that thing like a worm on a hook." Sam added.
"Dad did not send me here to walk away."
"Send you here? He didn't send you here, he sent us." Sam pointed out.
"This isn't about you Sam or Kat. I'm the one who screwed up, all right. It's my fault. There's no telling how many kids have gotten hurt because of me." I explained.
"What are you saying Dean, how is it your fault?" Sam asked but I didn't say anything making him sigh. "Dean. You've been hiding something from the get go. Since when does Dad bail on a hunt? Since when does he let something get away? Now talk to us man. Tell us what's going on." He begged making me sigh.
"Fort Douglas Wisconsin. It was our third night in this crap room and I was climbing the walls man. I needed to get some air......"

I was sitting in front of the tv watching whatever was on, when I turned it off and went to the front door. I looked back to see Sammy was asleep in the other room before I left and locked the door behind myself. I decided to play some arcade games in the reception till the owner told me that they were closing for the night. From there I returned to the room and saw a strange light coming from Sammy's room. I moved closer and saw it was the shtriga leaning over Sammy's sleeping body. I reached for the rifle that was kept by the door but when I cocked it, the shtriga heard me and reared up with a hiss.
I was so terrified that I couldn't move and I hesitated. As I tried to force myself to do something, the door burst opened and Dad came rushing in with his gun raised.
"Get out of the way!" He ordered.
I quickly ducked out of the way and Dad shot the Shtriga multiple times with his hand gun. The Shtriga ended up jumping through the bedroom window, causing the glass to shatter. Dad rushed to Sammy's bed and pulled him close, cradling him in his arms
"Sammy. Sammy. You ok?"
"Yeah Dad, what's going on?" He asked confused and still sleepy from just waking up.
"You all right?"
Dad held his close to his chest while turning to glare at me.
"What happened?"
"I just went out." I admitted.
"What!"
"Just for a second, I'm sorry."
"I told you not to leave this room. I told you not to let him out of your sight!" He exclaimed.
I watched on as John cradled Sammy and I just felt terrible for what had happened.

".....Dad just grabbed us and booked. Dropped us off at Pastor Jim's about three hours away, but by the time he got back to Fort Douglas the shtriga had disappeared, it was just gone. It never surfaced until now. Dad never spoke about it again, I didn't ask. But he...ah...he looked at me different, you know? Which was worse. Not that I blame him. He gave me an order and I didn't listen, I almost got you killed." I explained.
"You were just a kid." Sam softly told.
"Don't. Don't. Dad knew this was unfinished business for me. He sent me here to finish it."
"But using Michael, I don't know Dean. I mean, how bout one of us hides under the covers, we be the bait." Sam suggested.
"I'm small enough, I could be able to pretend to be a kid." Kat added.
"No it won't work. It's gotta get close enough to feed it'll see us. Believe me I don't like it, but it's gotta be the kid." I told.