I dont understand

I'm still gonna do the requests, dw! Just, lemme write this thing real quick

If there's one thing that Aether doesn't understand, it's how people are so easily expressive

If there's one thing that Aether doesn't understand, it's how people are so easily expressive. They can smile so quickly, laugh at a funny joke, yell out of anger, and show weakness. He thinks it's a waste of time to show those kinds of things. And yet his lover agrees with him. Xiao doesn't understand why mortals show emotions and the purpose of them. It's all confusing and boring anyways. Paimon just scolds the two every time they don't smile at the food. "It's food! How can you not like food?! Paimon will eat it herself then!" She always said. And now she's dead. Damn the Abyss. Taking away the only little sister the blond had.

"Aether. Would you like to see Paimon? You've been huddled under the sheets in the closet for days now."-X

"No, I'll stay here. Thank you for asking."-A

"Are you upset?"-X

"Showing it would be stupid."-A

Xiao sat beside his lover and stayed in silence. The two gave each other glances, nothing more. Everything, include the early morning birds, stayed quiet. They wanted to hear someone break the silence.

"Why do you stay with me, Xiao?-A

"I ask the same question."-X

"Come."-X

Xiao lead Aether to a little garden, deep in the vast mountains of Liyue. It was filled with Silk Flowers and Windwheel Asters. One flower stood out from the rest. The flower Lumine wears in her hair. Inteyvat was it's name. Aether picked the flower and smashed its petals. It was a reminder that his sister killed Paimon. It was also the only sign of anger he showed, the only emotion he showed. The blond was pissed off at the so called Princess of the Abyss. Xiao was intrigued by his sudden actions, but also quite happy he was showing emotion.

The raven hugged him tightly, pulling him down to the ground to sit. Aether hugged back, not knowing what to do. The blond's pretty sure he never had a hug from Lumine since they were twelve. And now they were over 500 years old. They seen stars die, seen everything their world had offered them. What was the point of existing if you are discarded by everyone?

"Xiao, promise me something."-A

"What is it?"-X

"Don't leave me. Don't discard me. Don't use me as an errand boy. Don't leave me like Lumine did."-A

"Aether, you're-"-X

"I KNOW IM CRYING, JUST SHUT UP!"-A

Aether cried for hours when he hadn't cry in a hundred years. All those years of built up pain and yet he only released a small amount of those pains. To Xiao, he wanted to cry with his lover. He experienced the same pain of abandonment that Aether felt. All those years with that horrible master, and then discarded into the cold snow. Luckily, Xiao was found by Rex Lapis, and hopes the same fate for Aether.

"Thank you. For being there for me."-A

Fucking cries

515 words