Father's Nightmare

What if

But Xiao's karmic debt?

"What have you done?"-Aether

Xiao was holding his polearm tainted with blood. His mask was on his face but it looked like he was still aware. Aether held Aria and Apollo in his arms and shielded them with his wings. Behind Xiao, there was a shattered window that viewed the ruins of Celestia. Did the Fatui trigger something in him?

"DONT GET ANY CLOSER!"-Aether

Xiao ran towards his wings and scratched them with the polearm. It made a deep cut every time. Aether couldnt think. He could just cry at the noise.

"Have you lost your mind?! Please stop, it hurts!"-Aether

His mask overtook his emotions. He just kept scraping away at the wings while Aether screamed and two kids begging for their life.

-

It was a dream. A horrible dream. His head turned to see both kids and Aether sleeping peacefully right next to him in a makeshift bed. They were huddled up all together and let Xiao have the blanket. Ah. He remembers. They wanted to sleep in the ballroom so they could see the Christmas lights outside.

"In the event it happens, I promise to resist or make your death quick and painless." Xiao sighed.

Why does Aether stick around? He knows every moment with him is a closer chance of death. How many risks will Aether take? Is he willing to risk his own life to love Xiao? But why him? Why did he marry him?

Aether frowned in his sleep. He pulled down Xiao near him and soon they were face to face. Then Aether went back to his resting face. Xiao rolled away blushing. He sorta liked it.

Aether was a job, for sure.

bark

290 words