Just End Me

so like read that first for context

There's a school to learn English for parents 😧.

"My lord? You haven't left your room in months. Would you like something to eat? Or drink?"-Maid

"No."-Aether

Aether stuffed his head back into his pillow. Xiao looked down at him while holding the blond's hand. It's almost Christmas Eve. Apollo's birthday. They found him dead two months ago. It broke Aether's will to even do anything. His creative and caring personality is gone. Everything about him is gone.

He hasn't move from his bed ever since Aria died. To cheer him up, Xiao would bring Apollo to their room so he could play. Now Aether has no reason to get up in the morning.

"It's almost Christmas. What do you want to do?"-Xiao

"Cry. Visit Aria and Apollo's grave. And cry again. Maybe leave them flowers for them to enjoy."-Aether

Xiao placed his head near Aether's forehead. He wondered how shit of a father he was. He did leave two kids and their mother by themselves.

"Wait here. I'm going to get something. Please eat it when I get back."-Xiao

"No. Don't leave."-Aether

"I'm just going to go get food."-Xiao

Xiao got up from the bed and closed the bedroom door. Aether took this chance to sit up. It was a bit hard, but he got it. He weakly stood up and went to the bathroom.

He took some pills. One for stomach aches so his stomach doesn't growl for food, and another for iron so he can walk a bit normally. It took a bit for them to kick in. But it worked. Worked like a charm.

"I'm so sorry, my loves."-Aether

Aether struggled to get back to his bed. His body was giving up. He wouldn't mind at all, it was a chance to see most of his loved ones again. As soon as his body hit the bed, he fell asleep.

"Aether. I brought food."-Xiao

Aether was sound asleep. Tears were staining his eyes. He probably moved to use the bathroom. Xiao quietly put the warm plate on the side table near the bed and walked to the bed. He sat down and gently woke up his lover.

"No food. No food, please."-Aether

"One bite. Only one."-Xiao

Aether shook his head. Xiao sighed. He took a bite of the food and kissed him. As much as Aether tried to resist, Xiao made him swallow the bite.

No, it's not that Chainsaw Man episode. Completely different situation.

"Why...*cough*? Don't do that again. Ever again. I don't need food."-Aether

"Neither do I, but yet you were the one who taught me starving myself and staying awake for months wasn't at all good. Please. Take care of yourself for me."-Xiao

Take care? He didn't know how to even start. All he could do was cry. Cry and cough. Those ugly cries were let out.

"I wanna see them again."-Aether

"Then eat some more. Get some energy back. I know you're struggling to move and it's obvious that you're using pills to hide the fact you're hungry."-Xiao

Aether buried his head into his chest. He's right. But he knows no other way to deal with grief of a loss, especially when it's his child. This whole feeling hurts him.

Xiao did his best to comfort him. He rubbed circles on his back and held in tears.

"Food. Please."-Aether

Xiao gave him the plate of food. He chomped down on that plate. The blond could taste the rice and cheese distinctly. Aria's favorite food.

Why did they leave so soon?

—-

-

Aether was still sleeping so Xiao had to do it alone. He walked to the garden where treasured people were buried with flowers. He placed down flowers near two graves and sat down.

"Mommy misses you both so much. I'm sorry I was never there. You both were so young. And Mommy is inside, you know he doesn't like the cold."-Xiao

Xiao cried on the graves. They were Aria and Apollo's. His beautiful kids who died due to illness. Apollo was only three while Aria was almost seven. The raven laid near the graves as if they were still here.

In the corner, Aether was there. Watching him from afar with the snow falling onto him. He could see his tears turn into icicles. But alas, he couldn't go anywhere near him since the cold would make him sick. Screw the cold. He went to his lover and hugged him.

"It's okay. They're all safe now. I want them back as well."-Aether

Xiao shuffled closer to his lover. He's smiled for the first time in a long while.

He hoped he would never have to clean out his kids' room. It was a important area to him.

I made myself cry. Self punishment is necessary 😌

810 words