Anger Grows

So like, Xiao's karmic debt.

Royal AU

Xiao's is not himself. He's silent, unusually silent. He's unusually violent. He's throwing stuff while mumbling to himself. It's not like him.

A crying Aria ran towards her mother and aunt with Apollo holding her hand. She looked scared. Really scared.

"*Sniff* Mommy, Papa's very scary! He almost hurt me and Apollo."-Aria

"What?! Show me."-Aether

Aria gave her aunt Apollo's hand and she lead him to their room. Aether was surprised. Xiao's karmic debt was taking over his body. He was succumbing to it. He's trying to resist it.

"GET BACK!" Xiao tried to throw a punch at the both of them. Aether didn't know what to do. The raven never told him about this. He only saw it once. The first time. Aether told her to stay put as he is going to try to help the raven.

"XIAO! PLEASE!"-Aether

The raven only growled. He's trying to hurt himself so he could snap out of it. It was clear in his eyes. Aether hugged him tightly before he made a move. The blond sobbed in his arms.

"Please don't hurt the kids. Hurt me all you want."-Aether

It seemed to take a effect on Xiao, but he still threw Aether to the wall. Blood spilled from his mouth.

"MOMMY!"-Aria

"Stay back. That is a order."-Aether

Aria ran out the room. She bumped into her other grandfather Zhongli. She cried as she ran to her aunt's room. The older then knew something was wrong. He headed straight for her parents's room.

Meanwhile, Aether was terrified. He never saw his lover like this. The raven was trying to resist while the karmic debt was taking over him. He looked hurt. He was shaking and covering his ears. He didn't want this to happen. He was crying.

"Xiao. I never wanted to do this."Aether threw something at Xiao, putting him to sleep. As soon as the blond approached him, he was kicked back to the wall. Xiao was faking it.

"XIAO STOP! IM SCARED, PLEASE!" He saw it. His tattoo on his arm. It was going out of control. Flashing on and off. He needs it. The mask. He was even more scared now.

The blond was breathing heavily and sobbing. He tried again once more, this time holding him down. It worked. Aether sobbed as they fell to the floor. He cried in his lover's chest, he thought he was dead. But he wasn't, his heart was beating faster than normal.

"Xiao...you strained yourself to not hurt me and the kids. My dear Xiao."-Aether

"MOMMY!"Aria ran towards her crying mother with worry in her eyes. She was scared ever since she saw her grandfather in the hallway. He came to accompany his granddaughter and to see how much damage his son has done. Not a lot. The first time was worse.

"Leave him be. Your father isn't dead, but it's something we have to look into."-Zhongli

Look into? Leave him be? Is her father a danger? And does he have to move? He can't move, her mother would be so depressed. He would cry every day until his return.

"My love...*sob*"-Aether

"Aether, you need to let him rest. His karmic debt could hurt you."-Zhongli

"It was at my wedding...where I vowed to die only by him. Only by him would I die easy."-Aether

"WAHH! MAMA!"-Apollo

The two year old boy ran towards his mother, him gently pushing the little one away from the scene. He could barely talk, so he cried. Apollo usually never cries.

A groan came from their father as he tried to gain control over his body. He was injured, so he was sleeping.

"Bandages. It's like that time in the Chasm. So be it. I'll leave to to rest once I place him on the bed."-Aether

Aether carried him to the bed, him looking to leaving afterwards. He looked rather sad to leave him alone. The blond needs time to heal too. He was about to collapse.

"Mommy? Are you okay?"-Aria

Aether could barely stand. He was coughing up blood. Must've been from when he was thrown at the wall. He used part of the bed frame as a support.

"I'm fine. I just need time alone. To heal, and to...to keep Papa safe."-Aether

They've been bounded to each other since they first met. And so, one hates to leave the other alone. It's a thing of theirs. That they cherish because they know that the other is still healing. They will only be satisfied if the other dies by their other's hands. 

784 words