Seasick

Modern AU where Aether and Xiao like to travel.

Aether and Xiao loved to see the world together. They wanted to see everything. Their first stop was Port Ormos, Sumeru. They had to go home by boat. And it was a month or two long trip back since they are not on complete open waters. And they had to make a detour so they can go to Inazuma.

Aether got seasick after three days at sea. He couldn't do anything but stay in bed and groan. He was disappointed that Xiao stayed by his side all through it. He wanted Xiao to see the view outside.

"Turn around Aether, let me see your back."-Xiao

"Why?"-Aether

"Because I can see if I need to get you another blanket."-Xiao

Aether turned around hesitantly, not wanting to show why he was groaning so much. He had lightning scars from the archon of thunder and lightning herself because he lost a battle while protecting his friend.

"I can see it now. You never told me about these. Sigh, I'll buy something to help you with this. You have a fever too. Sit up and breathe a bit. I'm going to get a cold blanket and another wet towel."-Xiao

Aether shivered a bit before trying to get up. He fell back down on his makeshift pillow. He inhaled after exhale while trying to at least sit up. Xiao came back with a bucket, blankets and towels. He was proud of Aether trying.

"Quite well. Well done Aether. Now, I need you to lay back down. I'm putting the towel on your forehead."-Xiao

The raven covered his lover's body with a warm blanket, realizing that he was cold. Xiao then put a cold towel on his forehead since that was the only blazing hot part of his face.

"I'm sorry. That you have to take care of me."-Aether

"It's nothing. Really."-Xiao

"Is there anything to drink or eat?"-Aether

"I think so. Hold on." Xiao checked his travel bag for any food that he packed. "I have some sandwiches and ingredients for soup and Almond Tofu."

"Soup."Aether was getting weaker. His whole body felt like a wilting flower. He could barely even talk at this point. He just wanted to see the outside.

Xiao left to go make the soup, Aether finally sitting up and coughing. This was worse than anything he had over his years of existence. The blond always has been sick, but it was never this bad to the point where he couldn't even move around. He decided to just try to stand.

The blond finally stood up, feeling a bit better than before. He immediately went to a bucket and threw up soon after he felt better. He fell down. Looked like he was dead.

"Aether...Wake up."-Xiao

"Mmm. Never standing up for the rest of the trip home."-Aether

"You're pale. Sigh. I promise, I'll buy something to make you feel better when we stop at Inazuma."-Xiao

"You have to...go to Inazuma City. It's quite far where we stop, but you'll find better supplies there."-Aether

"I understand. Feel better soon." Xiao gave him the soup to drink and eat.

-
They finally stopped at Inazuma. The boat crew needed to get supplies too. Xiao took this opportunity and went to Inazuma City like his lover said. It wasn't when he was coming back to the boat is when he got a phone call from Aether

Aether✨🫶 is calling

"Aeth? I'm heading back now."-Xiao

"Come back please. I can barely hold on. I can't move my body anymore. It hurts a lot."-Aether

"Almost there. Stay where you are and don't move." As soon as he saw the boat, he dashed towards the entrance and immediately took the fastest way possible to Aether's room. He looked pale and on his last breaths of his life. His phone was on the floor.

Xiao wasted no time to make a antidote for the blond. Anything to keep him alive for at least four days would be effective enough.

"Breathe Aether, you're gonna be okay. Please Aether, breathe."-Xiao

Xiao inserted one possible cure for Aether. It worked. The seasickness didn't go away, but Aether was alive. He was much better than before. He could stand up, but he would throw up.

"Aether...!"-Xiao

"Thank you. For trying so hard to care for me. And it worked. It paid off."-Aether

They both were crying in each other's arms. They fell on the floor crying and laughing. It was a happy moment for them.

"You should try making more of these for the other passengers. For the more sick ones. I know there were some worser than me."-Aether

"Maybe I can make some more. But let me have this moment just for us."-Xiao

"Okay. But I owe you one."-Aether

My chest hurts now 😔

825 words