Dont Leave Me

Angst. Because everyone is kinda dead

TW: Un Aliving Self. Even that's a hard topic for me and yet, here we are.

A young adult with long blond hair was laying down in a hospital bed. His hair was messy, but glowed nonetheless in the waking sun light of sunrise. The male's name was Aether. His skin was pale as the winter snow. He didn't have many days left to be on this earth. Everyday, someone came to visit him. His sister, old high school friends, family. One person visited everyday. His lover, Xiao. Xiao loved the boy in the bed so much. He helped everyone in town and yet here he was. No one in town actually paid their gratitude towards him. Such lazy and hurtful mortals.

"Xi...ao?"-Aether

"It's me my love. I see you're getting better with speaking."-Xiao

"Mhm! A n-nice lady h-helped a-a lot."-Aether

Aether kissed the raven on his forehead, specifically on his purple diamond birthmark. The blond stayed at his forehead for a while. He thought about how long he's been in this room. A year or two? Maybe three? Or a few months?  What even happened? What happened that put him here? Was it bad? He did lose feeling in his legs. A car crash?

"Walk. Can we... walk around?"-Aether

"Aeth, you know I can't let you do that. You couldn't even stand last time we tried walking around the room."-Xiao

"No. Not...that. Never mind."-Aether

"Something on your mind? I know how much you want to leave."-Xiao

Aether giggled at that little statement. He wanted to leave so bad. "When I l-leave, w-we can s-start a family t-together. Like we d-dreamed of as c-children."-Aether

"You always did want to have our own family. Or adopted a cat. But you're allergic to cats."-Xiao

"C-cats are...cute."Aether suddenly stopped talking. He was gasping for air. His chest felt like it was on fire.

"Hard...to...breathe!"-Aether

"Hold on! Stay with me Aether! Aether?! Can you hear me?!"-Xiao

Xiao was now on the floor with a gasping and bleeding blond on the floor. The blond had blood coming from his mouth. It hurt both of them to see the other holding on.

————————————————————————-

After what seemed like an hour, the nurse came out with a sad expression on his face.

"I'm sorry. He only has at least 10-12 minutes to live. I'm sorry for your future lost."-Nurse

After hearing all that, Xiao ran inside and gave Aether the tightest bear hug he ever gave. It was the last one he would receive anyways.

"Xi...ao. Let's cuddle...like before. Just for a long while"-Aether

Xiao laid on the bed, waiting for his lover to cuddle him back. The sound of his lover's dying heart made his heart break inside of him. He wished he could've prevented that day. He wished that everyone knew what the blond was going through. So that the blond could be treated better. He wished for the guy that made him do that would burn in the deepest part of hell. He wished that Aether didn't try to kill himself with an overdose of pills.

Aether groaned a little, then went to sleep forever. Xiao kissed him one last time on the hand where his anniversary ring is. The raven took it along with his earring. He prayed that Aether would be safe now in heaven with all the angels. Away from all he endured with in this world.

He got his wish. But broke a person's heart.

613 words