Chapter 9

Welp I'm back. Hope you guys had a nice holiday! 

Jay

On Thursday after school Jay had had nothing to do. Like sure he could play video games and eat his way to the bottom of the chip bag, but he wanted to go outside and have some fun or something. So, after a while he had decided to go outside...on a walk by himself at three thirty in the afternoon. In the process he could look out for trouble. For some strange reason there hadn't been any break-ins or reports of criminal activities today, which was strange. Usually there was something that happened every day. It's like they had stopped coming, of course it was probably just his paranoia. He should relax and enjoy the break. 

Jay walked towards the lake, that'd calm his nerves. He'd always loved the lake, mainly because it was calm and peaceful this time of year. 

When Jay arrived at a small hill overlooking the lake he sat down on a bench and sighed.

"Calm down Jay, this is supposed to be a nice relaxing day." Jay told himself. His arms and legs were shaking as if expecting the worst. 

Jay quickly looked around in hopes of trying to distract himself where he spotted the cemetery. He spotted Cole's outline sitting at a grave. 

Jay tilted his head to the side and stood up. Quietly approaching the black figure. 

"Cole? Why are you out here?" Jay asked as he came up behind Cole. 

Cole spun around, but relaxed when he saw it was Jay. "Oh, hey Jay. I didn't see you there. He rubbed his face and Jay quickly noticed that Cole was wiping away tears. "Hey man, are you ok?" Jay asked slowly. he didn't want to make Cole uncomfortable, but it was obvious something was bothering him. His puffy eyes said enough.

"I'm fine Jay, it's just..." Cole began. He hesitated and looked down as if daring tears to fall just so he could wipe them away. 

"Hey Cole, if you don't want to talk it's perfectly fine. I'm here for you, bro; Don't feel pressure." Jay quickly responded as he tried to reassure Cole. 

"Thanks Jay," Cole answered with a smile as he looked up. "I just miss my mom." Cole added. He quickly looked down again as his voice cracked. 

Jay managed a small smiled and pulled Cole in for a hug. "I can't imagine what you're going through Cole. But I'll help however I can. You're free to talk to me whenever, and my place is always open for a visit. K?" Jay answered as the taller boy gripped him. 

Cole pulled back and nodded. "Thanks Jay, you don't know how much that means to me." Cole replied.

Jay laughed, "No sweat man. Anyways how about we go to the lake and go for a swim." Jay offered, "I heard that the water is really nice in the spring." Jay added with a grin. 

Cole smiled, "Thanks but I think I'll pass. My dad will start to get worried. Maybe Saturday?" Cole asked. 

Jay nodded, "Saturday's fine. I don't have any plans so we're all good." Jay answered. 

Cole glanced at his watch and groaned, "It's already four?" Cole asked to no one specifically. "I'm sorry Jay but my dad wants me home now. See you tomorrow dude." Cole said sadly as he turned away. 

"See you, Cole!" Jay shouted as Cole left. Jay pouted and hunched over once Cole was out of sight. "I'm going to have a talk with that bitch about treating his son better." Jay growled. Jay marched away back towards the junk yard.

After dinner, Jay went straight to bed. His video games didn't bother to call to him as they probably noticed he wasn't in the mood. Soon Jay was sound asleep...

Jay opened his eyes and saw the other ninja around him talking. They were right next to him, but their voices were distant and muted. "Guys?" Jay asked in confusion. They just ignored him like he wasn't even there. "Ok, this isn't funny." Jay added after a minute. It was like Jay didn't exist. Then the ninja disappeared, and everything went black. "What's happening?" Jay asked frantically, as fear crept into his voice. Then he heard a voice. "Find out their identities. Or else she dies." The voice said as Nya appeared in front of him with fear written all over her face. She stood there with her hands tied. "Nya!" Jay cried. "What did you do to her?" Jay yelled as he looked around. Nya disappeared and everything was pitch black again. "I haven't done anything...yet. If you want to save her from a terrible fate, you will find out the other ninja's identities and will tell me who they are. You have a month, Jay Walker. One month." The voice warned. Suddenly the blackness vanished with the voice and Jay stood there in shock.

Jay sat up and took deep breathes. He was sweating and he felt faint. He was in shock. Jay's eyes widened as he clutched his sheets. 

"Nya." He muttered. 

He looked up and shook his head, "I can't betray my friends." Jay whispered, "But I can't let him hurt Nya." He added. His mind was running at top speed. "Oh no, that means...whoever this guy is knows that I'm the Lightening ninja." He realized as fear started to grip and choke him.  

"I-I don't know what to do!" He cried as he clutched his head. Jay suddenly felt faint and collapsed. 

*                          *                          *                        *                        *

Jay woke up to hear talking from outside his door. His head was spinning, and he felt sick. 

"Ed, what should we do? His fever just won't break!" Edna cried.

"Edna, it's going to be fine. Let's just take him to a doctor and see what he can do." Ed answered.

Jay felt his head and was surprised to find it burning hot. Jay shivered and pulled the covers over himself again. He closed his eyes and tried to relax. Ed and Edna walked in, and Edna put a hand on his head.

"How are you doing dear?" Edna asked when Jay's eyes fluttered open.

"N-not s-so good Mom. I'm really c-cold and dizzy." Jay answered as he shivered again. 

Edna looked at him sadly and turned to Ed. "Call the doctor and ask him to come here. Jay isn't going anywhere Ed." She stated. 

Ed nodded at her, "Ok Edna." He answered as he turned to go and fetch a phone.

"You're going to be fine, sweetie. Just rest." Edna said as she sat beside Jay's bed and pressed a wet cloth onto his forehead.

Jay nodded and closed his eyes, doing his best to block out the constant ringing in is ears and the loud thumping of his head. 

About fifteen minutes later the doctor arrived and checked Jay. Jay was never told what he was diagnosed with, but just by his parents' expressions he could tell it wasn't good. 

Edna looked at him with a worried expression.

Jay grabbed her hand. "I'll be fine, mom. A few days or so and I'll be good as new. You'll see." Jay assured her, trying to hide the doubt in his words. 

Edna relaxed and hugged him. "You're right. Now lie down and get some rest, Jay." She answered. 

Jay smiled and lied back down to sleep. 

Poor Jay TwT. Thanks for reading my trash. I know I'm not the best, but I'll get better overtime. Love you guys!