Chapter 5 Toying Around

"Woah!" Yuya wakes up in the morning and falls off the bed, he lands on the ground in pain. Just then, he hears a voice, "Falling out of your bed again, Yuya?"

Yuya looks up to see the purple-human-like figure, this is Yubel, a Duel Monster who has been living inside of Yuya. Ever since the world splits, he has been with Yuya all the time, and sometimes he likes to mock him.

"Excuse me, Yubel, it is not my fault that I fall off." Yuya says.

"Yeah, keep saying that..." Yubel says sarcastically.

Yuya sighs, then he gets up and takes his pendant. He says, "Being a Champion is a dream, but Pendulum Summon isn't a dream. I really did it...As long as I have Pendulum Summon...I can duel to make even more people happy. Just like my Dad!"

He decides to leave the bedroom, with Yubel following him behind. Yuya's mind traces back to the blue-haired boy yesterday, Shuinin Sora.

"What was up with that guy? After he suddenly showed up and defeated Sawatari's goons, he wanted to become my apprentice." Yuya mutters.

"I have no idea, but his uniform looks familiar." Yubel says. "It looks like Obelisk Blue uniform."

"Oh yeah, you were with Yuki Judai in the past." Yuya says with a chuckle. Because of Yubel, he learns about the time era of a duelist named Yuki Judai, and that's why Yuya and the others from Standard Dimension start to use Fusion Summon a lot.

Barking is heard and Yuya turns to find En and Core, his pet dog and cat, respectively.

"Hey, En." Yuya greets and picks up En. "Wow, you have grown so much. Back when Yuni got you, you were so small that you fit in the palm of my hand."

En barks happily. Then Yuya switches to Core. "You too, Core, good morning."

"I knew you were hungry. Eat as much as you like." Yuya hears his mother's voice as he slides down the pole to the dining room. "Hey, Mom. Did you pick another—"

"Ah! Teacher!" Yuya falls flat on his face as he sees that Sora is sitting at the dining table.

"Why are you here?" Yuya says angrily.

"He was wandering in front of our house. Whenever I see someone who's hungry, I have to pick him up." Yoko says as she gives a plate of pancakes to Yuya.

"You're not allowed to pick up humans!" Yuya tells her.

"But isn't he your apprentice?" Yoko asks.

Yuya slams his fist on the table and yells, "He's not!"

"What?" Sora says.

"Don't 'What?' me. Geez... Not only did you get into my house, but you also got breakfast."

Sora says, "C'mon, it's fine. Your sister's pancakes are delicious."

"Sister?" Yoko is surprised.

"Wait, you're not his sister? I'm sorry. Since you're so young and beautiful, I thought you were his sister."

As the word "sister" echoes in Yoko's mind, Yoko gladly forgives Sora and says, "Oh my! Young and beautiful? How honest of you! Since you like them, you can have more pancakes."

She takes Yuya's plate of pancakes and gives it to Sora. "Mom, those are mine!"

"Thank you, Sister!" Sora says.

Yubel looks at the scene and teases Yuya, "No breakfast for you, huh? Seems like you're having an empty stomach for school."

"Shut up! Yubel. I have one problem already and I don't want to have two." Yuya groans.