Chapter 28 Sakaki Shine

It is time for Vivian's Duel in the Junior Youth Championship, Nico Smiley announces, "Now folks, it is time for the next duel, with Taen Yamazaki from LDS against Vivian Sakaki from You Show Duel School!"

As Vivian arrives at the duel field, she sees Taen standing in front of her.

"So you have come, Cursed Child. What a surprise." Taen says.

"Although I am surprised to face you..." Vivian says while she is a little shaken.

"Hmph, I will beat you again, as we did before. You don't stand a chance." Taen smirks at her.

Tatsuya asks, "Geez, what is that guy's problem?"

Yuni says, "Although I am the one that makes her duel him, I guess she hasn't conquered her fear yet..."

Ryu asks, "What happened?"

Yuya says, "Back at the orphanage, Vivian was often picked due to his father, a ghost story writer. They called her the cursed child. She was often being hit and scraped, but she didn't tell the owners. They did the unthinkable, which was destroying the duel disk her father left."

The You Show member gasps. As Vivian places her duel disk in her hand.

"It seems like you got yourself a new duel disk, huh?" Taen taunts.

"Thanks to my new sister, she fixed the duel disk for me. And I'll show you I am not the weakling you once know." Vivian says.

"Now let's get the duel started! Field Magic, Forbidden Forest activate!" Nico Smiley says as the field appears as well as the cards scatter across the field. After saying the chant, the duel starts.

(Taen:4000)(Vivian:4000)

"Since you are going to get beaten, why don't I let you go first?" Taen says.

"I'll do it. I activate Continuous Magic Card Ghost Zone from my hand!" Vivian says as the field turns dark and spooky.

"So it seems you get new cards, huh?" Taen says as he looks around.

"You bet. I set 3 cards and end my turn." Vivian says.

"What is this? Vivian has only set cards in this turn!" Nico Smiley says as the crowd whispers to themselves.

"Are you looking down on me?" Taen asks, feeling a little irritated.

"This is my style, if you don't like it, then fight back." Vivian says.

"Then you're going down." Taen says. "I summon Unicorn's Familiar from my hand!"(ATK:0/DEF:1000 LV:2)

A blue demon-like monster with a giant horn appears as Taen says, "Then by banishing a card in my hand, I Special Summon Monoceros from my hand!" (ATK:1000/DEF:1000 LV:3)

As the horse-like monster with the horn appears, Taen says, "Let me show you the new trick I have been learning from LDS. I tune the Level 3 Monoceros with Level 2 Unicorn's Familiar!"

As the Familiar becomes two stars, Taen chants, "Thunder galloping through the heavens, cross with the fierce gale, and appear forth from the world of illusions! Synchro Summon! Neigh, Level 5! Thunder Unicorn!" (ATK:2200/DEF:1800 LV:5)

A blue unicorn appears on the field as the crowd cheers. "It seems that Duelist Taen has performed a Synchro Summon! Everyone gives him some cheers!"

Taen says, "How was it? By using Monoceros's effect in my graveyard, I can revive a monster back to the field from my graveyard. I choose Unicorn Familiar, so I can perform another Synchro Summon! I tune my Level 5 Thunder Unicorn with Level 2 Unicorn Familiar!"