Chapter 23 Battle Between Buddies

After bringing Kurosaki Shun to the medical room in the LDS, Ron and Jean volunteer to take care of him, as for the others, they decide to do other stuff for the upcoming tournament.

"So Brother, Sister, where are you going?" Katrina asks as the group, including Reisho, are walking on the road.

"We have promised my friends and family to go to Gongenzaka's dojo." Yuni says. "Brother wants to test out the Synchro cards he gave to him, so we have planned to have a duel today."

"I see." Reisho says. "You don't mind if I come, too?"

Yuni says, "Not at all, but what about your Dad? Will he worry about you?"

Reisho says, "He will, but I'd already told him that I have something else to do as I won't be back until a few more days."

Yuzu says, "I see..."

As they arrive at the dojo, they see Shuzo, the kids, Ryu and Vivian, and even Sora and Ms. Yoko come to the dojo.

"Everyone, you're here." Yuni says.

"Yeah, but why are we here?" Sora asks while licking his lollipop, but his face turns to surprise as he saw Reisho in front of him.

"What the hell, why is he here?" Sora thinks. "Don't tell me he is here to check out my mission..."

Reisho sees Sora and thinks, "So he is the spy my father sent, seems like he is doing good work here..."

Ayu asks, "Big Brother Yuya, who is he?"

"Oh, this is Reisho, he is Akaba Reiji's brother and also the co-President." Yuya says.

"It is nice to meet you guys." Reisho says. "I heard everything from Yuni, you don't need to worry about me, I won't be doing anything to You Show."

"I was tired of waiting for you, Yuya!" Gongenzaka says.

"What is the point in dueling right now?" Ryu asks, "I mean, you've already Dueled tons of times..."

"But Brother hasn't had a real match with him yet." Yuni says. "It is true that Gongenzaka is our best friend, ever since our Father went missing, he put his body on the line to protect us from the cruel public."

"And even if we're best friends, a real match is a different matter entirely." Yuya says. "Even more so if you're aiming to be a pro."

"Yuya, Yuni, and I have fought countless times before, but there was no seriousness in those matches! I couldn't seriously fault you for feeling hurt at your father's disappearance. But I realized that feeling pity for you only served to make me weaker, especially since both of you grow stronger than I am with LDS' help!"

"Making you weaker?" Katrina asks as she looks at Gongenzaka and then her siblings.

"In the match of You Show Duel School vs. LDS...I wasn't able to win even though we were tied 1-1! I couldn't win because of the weakness in my heart! Being unable to break away from my own softness was the reason I didn't win that Duel! I must push myself further if I am to purge myself of such weakness!" Gongenzaka says.

"So you shockingly went as far as betting your entry into the Junior Youth Championship on this fight." Yuni folds her arms, "I've seen your record, you are just one away from the 60% win record requirement. But you refused any further Duel challenges and wait until your match with Brother."

"Seriously? But Big Brother Yuya is the vice president..." "Gongenzaka won't be able to defeat him..." The children shows concern.

"But if I didn't do this much, I wouldn't be able to get a serious match from you. Eventually, I will inherit this dojo, so this duel is also a test for honing my Steadfast Dueling! I'll set aside my pity and defeat you with all I've got because you're my best friend!" Gongenzaka says to Yuya. "Prepare yourself, Yuya!"