Chapter 42 Obelisk Assault

Back at the Volcanic Area, Yuzu gasps and sees Serena in front of her. Yuzu asks, "You're Serena, right?"

"Face me." Serena says. "I know that you're a remnant of the Xyz forces!"

"Xyz remnant?!" Yuzu stares at Dennis, who says, "No, I'm not that..."

"Don't play dumb! If you won't start, I will!" Serena yells as she activates her Duel Disk.

"Hold on! We're currently in the middle of the Junior Youth Championship right now! What are you-"

"It's fine, Yuzu." Dennis says. "She's clearly misunderstanding something, but adapting to situations like this is part of Entertainment Dueling too! Right?"

"Um...are you even listening?" Yuzu asks.

"Now then, shall we start?" Dennis asks. "Just stand back, Yuzu! But make sure to watch closely. It's more fun when there's an audience!"

Then Dennis activates her Duel Disk as both people yell, "Duel!" (Serena:4000)(Dennis:4000)

Serena says, "I activate Magic Card: Fusion from my hand! I fuse Moonlight Blue Cat and Moonlight Purple Butterfly! Blue cat that prowls through the darkness! Butterfly with violet poison! Spiral into the moon's gravity and become a new power! Fusion Summon! Come to me! Beautiful beast that dances in the moonlight! Moonlight Cat Dancer!" (ATK:2400/DEF:2000 LV:7)

After the monster appears, Dennis inwardly smirks, "Just as I thought..."

Yuzu, Ruri, Rin, and Ray are watching the duel and Ruri says, "So that's her Fusion Monster..."

"Moonlight...Cat Dancer..." Rin adds.

"I set one card and end my turn." Serena says. "Now, bring it on!"

Back inside the Ancient Ruins, Kurosaki Shun and Sora are dueling inside the temple. (Shun:4000)(Sora:4000)

Sora says, "This time, I definitely won't lose! I'll start! I summon Edge Imp Tomahawk from my hand!" (ATK:1800/DEF:800 LV:4) "I activate Edge Imp Tomahawk's effect! I can send one Edge Imp monster from my hand to the Graveyard to deal 800 damage to my opponent!"

Sora sends a card to the graveyard as the Edge Imp Monster shoots out a beam at Shun. (Shun:4000-3200)

"I set one card and end my turn." Sora says.

"My turn! I summon Raid Raptors - Vanishing Lanius from my hand!" Shun says as he summons a monster. (ATK:1300/DEF:1600 LV:4)

"If I control a Raid Raptors - Vanishing Lanius, I can Special Summon this card from my hand. Raid Raptors - Fuzzy Lanius!" (ATK:500/DEF:1500 LV:4)

After the second monster appears, Shun says, "I overlay my Level 4 Vanishing Lanius and Level 4 Fuzzy Lanius! Avian hunter of the afterlife, seek the truth with your dark eyes, and grasp glory with your sharp talons! Xyz Summon! Take flight! Rank 4! Raid Raptors - Force Strix!" (ATK:100/DEF:2000 RNK:4 OVU:2)

After the small falcon monster appears, Sora thinks, "Again with the low ATK Xyz Monster..."

"Once per turn, by detaching one Overlay unit, this card can add one Level 4 Dark Winged Beast type monster from my deck to my hand. I add Vanishing Lanius to my hand." Shun says as he adds a card.

"He's getting the cards he needs from his Deck into his hand?" Sora wonders.

"Next, I activate Fuzzy Lanius' effect from the Graveyard! When this card is sent to the Graveyard, I can add one Fuzzy Lanius to my hand! Now, by the monster effect of the Vanishing Lanius I summoned first, I Special Summon another Vanishing Lanius from my hand! With Vanishing Lanius on my field, I Special Summon Fuzzy Lanius!"