Chapter 46 Calm before the Storm

"What do you mean the Battle Royale was a selection exam for deciding Duelist Warriors?" Ryu demands.

"As I mentioned before, we knew that those guys from the Fusion Dimension were going to show up from the start." Reisho says. "That's why we changed the finals of the Junior Youth Championship from a Tournament to a Battle Royale within the city."

Yuni says, "We intended to have you face and fend off the enemy invasion."

"Us? Why not the Pro or Youth Classes? Why us, the Junior Youth?" Ryu asks.

Sawatari says, "The Youth Class was fighting too. They were all wiped out except for one guy."

"Wiped out?" Gongenzaka asks.

"That's why you truly were assigned to come out here!"Sawatari says.

"And just as I had expected, you succeeded in fending off Academia. You are truly our anti-Academia Duel Warriors! You have shown the power worthy of the title Lancers!" Reiji says.

"Screw that!" Yuya suddenly outbursts, much to everyone's shock. "What about Yuzu? All we did is to protect her from being captured by Academia. How could you still let her be taken?"

"It's not Reiji or Reisho's fault." Serena says. "If Yuzu was defeated by Academia, then the fault is mine."

"What do you mean it was your fault?" Ryu asks.

"And by the way, you're Serena, right? A Duelist from Academia who looked just like Ruri and Yuzu..." Jean says.

"Academia? Doesn't that mean you're the enemy?" Sawtari demands.

"Ah, jeez, you went and said it yourself." Dennis thinks. "I was thinking of bringing you back to Academia myself, but now that doesn't look like it'll be possible."

"Why is the enemy here? And in Hiragi Yuzu's outfit as well!" Sawatari demands, "Are you a spy? Are you gathering information while pretending to be Yuzu?"

Tsukikage steps in front of Sawatari, stopping him from getting close to Serena. "Hey! Why are you getting in my way?! Are you going to protect the enemy!"

"This is by orders of my clients." Tsukikage says.

"Huh? Who are the clients you're talking about?" Sawatari asks.

"It means us. Serena is not a spy." Yuni says. "She's being chased by Academia."

Serena says, "That's right. The Obelisk Force came here chasing after me. I'm sure that Yuzu was mistaken for me and was..."

"Mistaken for you? Why did you even change clothes?!" Gongenzaka asks.

"That was..." Serena frowns, "She wants to be bait to help me escape...in order to draw the Obelisk Force away from me!"

"I see, so that's what it was." Reiji says.

At the same time, Yuya and Yuni turn to Reisho. "So is Yuzu brought to Academia? Did you see that when we are fighting against Yuri?" Yuya asks.

Reisho says, "No. We saw that Yugo found her and then the bracelet did its work, which means that it may be possible that she got sent to the Synchro Dimension."

"Yugo? You mean my Synchro Counterpart?" Yuya asks.

"Who will name a person Fusion?" Yuri asks.

"His name is Yugo. But yeah, I also got confused at first as well..." Yuto says.

"Then with Rin inside Yuzu, I can guess she is safe for now. But we need to get to Synchro, too," Yuni says as they go back to listen to Reiji's words.

"You all won and survived. What we need right now is that strength!" Reiji says. "Instead of mourning those who were defeated, you should take pride that you have overcome such strong Duelists!"