Chapter 40 Dennis Macfield

The next day, it is the beginning of the third round of the Junior Youth Championship. All 28 participants are already on the field. Yuzu says, "Kurosaki, Yuya, Vivian, and Katrina aren't here."

"Where did they go?" Ryu asks.

"Everyone, thank you for waiting! Right now, a Battle Royale between these 32 Junior Youth competitors will take place!"

This causes everyone to be surprised at the revelation, and they all exclaim in surprise. In the LDS building, Himeka says, "A city-wide Battle Royale...you've really thought this out."

Reiji says, "If we broadcast that invaders from another dimension are going to arrive at any moment, the city could dissolve into a panic. So instead, we will release the top 32 of the Junior Youth class into the city and have them take out the enemy in the Battle Royale."

"The ones who will actually intercept the invaders will be these 8." Yuya says as they turn around and face 8 people. "These are the Top 8 of Youth Class. The plan is made even smoother by the fact that all of them are LDS."

"For the honor of LDS and to protect our world, we're counting on you." Himeka says.

"Yes, ma'am!" The Youth class responds in the affirmative.

"I'm sure you already know, but Kurosaki, Vivian, and Katrina." Yuni says as she turns to the three. "Your orders are to find fighters with potential among the 28 in the stadium who are suitable to join the Lancers to provide for any emergencies."

Katrina says, "That will be fine for me."

Vivian says, "Me too."

"So you don't want me to fight the enemy then? I can't promise that. If those eight get wiped out, I'll have no choice but to take part." Shun says.

"You're just Junior Youth and you're running your mouth." Yuu mutters.

"Do your best to stay alive." Shun says as he leaves.

Yuya says, "Although I hate to do this, when you two defeat the Obelisk force that is coming, be sure to card them in the end. From what Sona tells us, they are so corrupted that they would laugh and card anyone in their way, even with the non-duelists."

Katrina says, "We are going to let them taste their own medicine?"

Yuya nods, "We don't need to worry since we have managed to reverse the program, so it is a way to hold them hostage."

Then he nods to Reiji, who nods back.

"Now then, let's explain the rules!" Nico says. "The match will begin promptly at noon! At that time, Action Cards will be spread out! And here is the important part! There are Pendulum Cards from Leo Corporation hidden in the city!"

"What?" This causes everyone to be surprised.

"The competitors must find at least two of them and then Duel!" Nico says.

"Everyone has to get Pendulum Cards?" Yuzu asks.

"So that means everyone can Pendulum Summon?" Shuzo asks.

"The matches will be held under the Ante Rule with the Pendulum Cards included! The winner then takes the amount of Pendulum Cards to bet by the loser and acquires them as their own! The time limit is twenty-four hours! Also, the city will be split into four areas based on the fields in the Field Magic: Wonder Quartet! Competitors are free to battle in any of these four areas!"

"The whole city will be an Action Field!" Tatsuya says.

"Four of them!" Ayu says.

"I'm getting shivers!" Futoshi says.