Chapter 32 Future City Heartland

After Yuya's match, Ron and Jean also advance into the second round using their Xyz Monsters, they really didn't break any sweat to defeat their opponents.

"You did a good job." Vivian says to them.

"It is nothing since we did have a lot of training." Ron says.

"All that's left is Kurosaki Shun versus Shiunin Sora..." Yuni sighs.

"Yeah, this match is going to be intense... both of them are not from this Dimension after all." Yuya nods.

"Now for today's last match! You Show Duel School's Sora Shiunin versus LDS' Kurosaki Shun! Everyone, please, your applause for these two Duelists!" Nico announces.

Sora waves from down in the stadium to the cheering crowd and Shuzo gets fired up, cheering his student's name.

"Good luck, Sora. Make sure to win this duel." Gongenzaka says.

"Yeah, beat those LDS!" The kids are cheering for him.

"Don't worry, I'll satisfy the whole crowd just like Yuya!" Sora says with a smile, causing Yuya, Yuni, Yuzu, Vivian, Katrina, Ron, and Jean to feel nervous.

As Shun walks up to the field, Yuni says to Sora, "Sora, be careful! Don't let your guard down!"

"Don't worry, Yuni. I will be fine!" Sora says. "This time, I'll entertain you guys, too! Just look forward to it!"

Shun stares at Sora again, Katrina asks, "Why are you telling him to be careful? If anything I would want Shun to beat him to a pulp for what he has done to Heartland."

"Sora is like a bomb without a timer, if one wrong move, he would have reported the whole thing to Academia, and Standard will become just like Heartland." Reisho comes as he sits beside Yuni.

"Reisho, you are watching with us again?" Yuzu asks.

"Yeah." Reisho says. "It is quite interesting duel to watch, don't you think?"

Yuni says, "Yeah..."

(Flashback)

"Kurosaki. This is the Pendulum cards made for you." Yuni says as she stands in front of Kurosaki Shun. "Knowing you, you should be able to use it better than Sawatari."

Shun stares at the cards and says, "I have no need for this match, I want to defeat him on my own rather than having help." Then he turns around and leaves, much to Yuni's confusion.

(Flashback Ends)

"To think I even went out my own way to make it for him..." Yuni says.

"It's fine, I guess." Reisho says. "Rather than the potential of Pendulum Summoning, I'm more interested in seeing the full extent of his abilities."

"Now let's get started! Field Magic: Future City Heartland Activate!" Nico says, which causes Shun, Ron, and Jean to react in shock and Sora shows a brief moment of surprise. "This is a perfect stage for the two who will show us the future of Dueling!"

The Field Magic Card activates, and the projector aligns itself and floods the area with light as Shun whispers, "Heartland..." Heartland City, a sprawling landscape of buildings glowing in neon colors at night, finishes materializing, with Sora and Shun standing on opposite sides of the river.

"Wow, so pretty..." Ayu says.

"Yeah...it is like in the sci-fi film..." Tatsuya says.

"The futuristic aspects of the city give me shivers!" Futoshi says.

As for the others, they have different opinions. Yuni says, "Where did Reiji get that card? I swear I already locked that card along with others in our secret room!"