Chapter 36 Yuya and Dark Rebellion

The next day, Gongenzaka, Katrina, and Ron have defeated their opponents and they advance to the next round.

"Now the next round, we have our Vice President of LDS, Yuya Sakaki versus Isao Kachidoki from the Ryozanpaku Duel School!" As Nico announces, everyone feels unease of the appearance of the two duelists.

"Hey, come on, why're you getting nervous just watching?" Shuzo asks.

"Because his opponent today is that Kachidoki Isao! Weren't you watching yesterday's match?" Yuzu asks.

Jean says, "For some reason, this duel is getting us some unease feelings."

"After witnessing what happened to Yaiba yesterday, it is no wonder." Vivian says. "Kachidoki was the runner-up this tournament last year on top of that."

"The winner already moved up to Youth Class, though." Gongenzaka says. "So it isn't strange to consider Kachidoki the number one candidate to win this tournament!"

"So what's the deal with Ryozanpaku School?" Katrina asks.

"Smiling and Dueling don't belong together. That's how the Material Arts School Ryozanpaku trains their students." Shuzo says. "To them, winning is everything. Just like you guys saw, their forceful Dueling is justified by their belief that anything goes if it leads to victory. Ryozanpaku's School Principal, Godagawa Ryozan, has been criticized for his forceful and rough Dueling style. But they've won lots of pro titles as if they were just brushing off their shoulders."

"He seems like a very strict person..." Ron says.

"Yes. On top of that, it's a boarding school where students aren't allowed to go outside unless it's to attend class. I've also heard that they're not even allowed to see their parents until they become pros!" Yuni sighs.

"I'd run straight out of that place full of shivers!" Futoshi replies.

"But even with such a strict training regimen, they have countless people wishing to join." Yuni adds. "They're only second to LDS when it comes to creating pros! And the one who stands head and shoulders above the rest of Ryozanpaku is Kachidoki Isao."

"Now let's get the duel started! Field Magic: Bamboo Battleground, activate!" As the field appears, Yuya finds himself at the front of a bamboo shelter while Kachidochi is standing on an isolated rock peak. As he strikes a combative pose, Yuya says, "Even though as the Vice President of LDS, who can't give out my own point of view, but I won't say that your dueling method is right. That wasn't dueling after all."

Everyone is watching Yuya with surprise, as he is challenging him, but Kachidoki just begins the Action Duel chant with Yuya also recites his lines with the same attitude.

"Duel!" (Yuya:4000) (Kachidoki: 4000)

Yuya says, "Well then, the first round goes to me, I summon Entermate Silver Claw from my hand!" (ATK:1800/DEF:700 LV:4 PS:5) Yuya jumps onto the monster and starts to run forward, the crowd cheers for him, but Ayu and Futoshi yell, "Big Brother Yuya, watch out in front of you!"

And it is too late, Yuya ends up brushing the leaves of the bamboos onto his mouth, which gives the children a laugh.

"Look at him eating bamboo! What are you, a panda?" A child in the crowd laughs.

"Yuya is always himself no matter who he fights." Shuzo says.

"I am not sure...after what happened that night 3 days ago..." Yuni says with a frown. "But I admit that he's still standing up to face what he needs to."

"I end my turn." Yuya says as Kachidoki just responds by drawing.

"If my opponent controls a monster and I don't, I can Summon Hayate the Earth Soaring Star without a release!" (ATK:2100/DEF:0 LV:5) As a warrior like monster appears, Nico yells, "There it is! Kachidoki has already Summoned a high-level monster!"