Chapter 17

"I'm a stormy ocean, but you're steady. And I'm a commotion, but you get me. Too many emotions, but you let me. Let me blossom in the dark"

THE PUNCHING BAG flew to the ground with a thunderous clap. A sheen coat of sweat covered Storm's entire body. Her ragged breaths, each one being shorter than the last, could be heard throughout the training room. She had been hitting the large bag for two hours straight, never once stopping to take a break. Though the punching bag had finally decided it was time to stop.

Training for hours on end was normal for Storm. Back at Erudite, every time she stopped to take a breath was another scar carved onto her back. But it wasn't all bad; training offered Storm an escape from her treacherous reality. Hitting a bag didn't require any thinking, and the last thing Storm wanted to do right now was think.

She looked down at the broken bag in annoyance, contemplating what to do next. Storm had been picturing Eric's face on it and now her moments of extreme bliss were over.

She could go back and start to get ready for the party tonight, but Storm thought of that as a fate worse than death.

"So you're just going to stop?" A deep voice broke the silence in the room

Storm jumped five feet in the air, leaping backwards in suprise. She came face to face with her trainer who stood about 20 feet away. "Fucking hell Four! Do you have teleportation powers or something?! You need to stop creeping up on people."

He simpered as he walked closer to her. "I was coming to train here myself, but of course I found you breaking our equipment."

"Sue me, asshole," Storm slightly raised her voice at him. This was not a time for someone to be messing with her, too many dangerous thoughts clouded her mind.

Four raised his eyebrows in amusement and his features mimicked a shocked expression, though it was all falsified just to annoy Storm. "Sounds like you have a lot of built up anger."

"Really?" Storm placed her hands on her hips as she made her way over to kick the large bag. "What tipped you off?"

Four kissed his teeth with a glimmer of a smile. He headed towards the sparring mat before slipping his combat boots off. "How about we put that anger to good use?"

Storm eyed the man in front of her with suspicion. Was he seriously suggesting a sparring match? It would be foolish to challenge her with the hope of actually winning.

"You realize I'm going to beat you into the ground with no remorse," Storm spoke truthfully.

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Four responded with a matter-of-fact tone.

"Fine," Storm rolled her eyes. She aggressively untied her boots and threw them to the ground. Maybe beating someone up would put her in a better mood. "Have it your way."

"No weapons," he gave her a sharp look as he gestured to the gun shielded under her pants.

"I'm offended you think I need a gun to beat you."

Then the fight began. It was a slow start, neither wanting to attack first. But when Storm realized Four was too much of a pussy to take the first shot, she went directly for the throat. He stumbled back with slight surprise; though he hid it well.

The difference in their fighting styles was apparent. Storm preferred to go the more aggressive route, but her hits weren't sloppy. They were sharp and placed perfectly to maximize pain. Each punch had a purpose. She seemed to never run out of fuel, even when Four delivered a direct hit to her temple.