Chapter 28

"Evil isn't born, it's made."

BEING ALONE IN THE CONTROL ROOM at night was incredibly dull. Four could barely fight off his droopy eyes half the time. But tonight, tonight was different. There was a nagging monster of distrust that hid in the back of Four's mind whenever he thought about Storm, a sense of paranoia hung beneath his eyes casting a dark shadow. Something wasn't right. And while he deeply cared for the girl, he couldn't ignore the feelings of uncertainty.

Four knew little about Storm's past, about her training. But he knew she was dangerous, and a damn good liar. Deception was her specialty. Afterall, she was a murderer.

His long fingers lightly tapped the computer keys. He stared at his distorted reflection on the screen. Four couldn't decide whether or not he should venture into her file. The other initiates had open files, meaning as a could look at them at any time. But hers was sealed and protected by a series of firewalls. If he wanted to see it, Four would have to hack into the dauntless system. It wouldn't be the first time; that's how he found the abnegation invasion plans.

Now a good person would focus on their job rather than invade someone's privacy. Four knew that's what he should do, what he should have done.

But her classified dossier was far too tempting.

His fingers hit the keys before his mind could catch up.

【Project Ghost】▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭▭

𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝚃𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚜𝚝 (𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖) 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚠𝚜

𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚜: 𝙰𝚌𝚎, 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝, 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛

𝙲𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝

𝙰𝚐𝚎: 𝟷𝟼

𝚂𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜: 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚠𝚜 (𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍)

𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑: 𝙴𝚛𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎

𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙵𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜

𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝟼𝟾 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚆𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝟷𝟺𝟻 𝚕𝚋𝚜 𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍: 𝙰𝚝𝚑𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌, 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛