Chapter 15

TW: Abuse and SA. Please skip if you are sensitive to these topics!!

"Because of you, I try my hardest just to forget everything. Because of you, I don't know how to let anyone else in. Because of you, I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty. Because of you, I am afraid."

IMMEDIATELY STORM NOTICED THAT SHE COULD BARELY MOVE. The tight, concaving walls surrounding her made it nearly impossible. Instinctively, Storm aggressively punched the metal barriers. Her heart rate quickened with every hit that left her hand throbbing.

Her other hand searched for anything that could possibly stop the walls from closing in. Though the only thing Storm could feel was the cold metal. She attempted to stretch her legs, hoping her muscle could possibly stop the walls.

No matter how much strength Storm managed to muster up, the slowly moving walls did not let up on their mission to trap her. Terror struck every inch of her body, freezing her in place. Salty tears flooded from Storm's grey eyes. She didn't want to die. Being crushed by walls seemed like a shitty way to go out.

Calm down, a subconscious voice rang in her head, it's just a simulation.

The reminder hit her like a cold wave of water, washing away the fear. Storm shut her eyes and the next thing she knew, the scenery had changed.

***

Storm abruptly sat up, finding herself in the treacherous basement of her old house. The stone walls decorated with blood created goosebumps along her body. The eery silence was interrupted by the slamming of a door. Storm frantically pushed herself to her feet. The girl reached for the gun she kept at her ankle but was disappointed by the empty holster.

Straightaway Storm stood up, hoping that an exit would mysteriously appear. She frantically searched around the room for anything that could help her with the oncoming torture.

The loud noise of high heels clinking against the ground caused Storm to back herself in the dark corner, hoping that she would suddenly turn invisible. But once she locked eyes with her mother, she knew her prayers had gone unanswered.

"Tempest," Jeanine took steps forward, "come here, honey. I just want to help you."

The false sweetness in the woman's voice made Storm's body shake. Her mother had always said something like that before she inflicted excruciating pain on her child.

Storm blinked for a fracture of a second, and when she opened her eyes she felt her mother's hot breath against her. Jeanine's cold fingers tightly wrapped around the girl's neck. The relentless pressure made Storm's vision turn fuzzy. She found that her body could barely move, making it impossible to fight against her torturer.

The next painful sensation that plagued her body was the sharp, scorching pain of a knife being slowly dragged across her face. Hot blood trickled down Storm's cheek as a scream escaped her lips.

She's not really here. If that was true then why did the pain feel so real?

Storm's screams loudly increased with each ounce of torture. She begun to lose track of what exactly was being done to her body, the pain taking over every cell in her brain.

She's just a part of the simulation. The voice in Storm's brain insisted.

"It's not real."

The pain began to fade, but the fear didn't.

***

When Storm opened her eyes, she was still in her basement, but this time she wasn't alone. Jeanine stood beside her, a firm grasp placed onto her shoulder. Though this time it wasn't her mother's presence that scared her, it was the masked figure that laid in front of her.