Chapter Three

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do haunted by the ghost of you

Oh, take me back to the night we met"

✰.。.✵°✵.•✵.。.✰

THEY TOOK IT ALL. They took absolutely everything. Tempest stared at the empty room, her heart dropping to the stone floor. It was all gone: her weapons, supplies, blue prints, and every last thing that she held dear to her heart. She had searched every inch of the old Amity factory but found nothing. Her duffle bag, and all it contained was stolen.

Tempest crouched down to the floor, her bloody hand covering her mouth in distress. The missing weapons were not what really bothered her. No, it wasn't that. It wasn't even the fact that the Erudite and Dauntless plans had been taken as well, leaving her with no idea of their next moves. No.

There was something very valuable inside that bag, something she should have never left. But in her blind stupidity, she had let Tobias distract her. Tempest let her guard down and now she was suffering the consequences. She alone had let her very last memory of Ember slip through her fingers. Tempest couldn't blame anyone but herself, but she could certainly get revenge.

It wasn't Erudite or Dauntless who had done this. They would have set a trap for her, waited it out and then performed their desired execution. Jeanine was too smart to let an opportunity like this slip from her slimy hands. Now the factionless? They were certainly the culprits, and the only ones who could truly benefit from her supplies.

But that meant one thing, Eveleyn had instructed some of her goonies to steal from her while she was distracted. Or worse, the factionless robbers did it out of their own free will. That, certainly broke their flimsy truce.

Tempest picked up the helmet next to her on the floor, pushing her shaking body to a standing position. She waited for a moment as she let the painful silence ensue. The anger inside of her was starting to boil, burning through her skin and lighting her lungs on fire. It was unbearable while simultaneously inescapable. She couldn't do anything but let it take control.

She slammed the helmet on the ground, over and over and over again. The glass went everywhere. It ricocheted into her skin, slicing her screaming face. The pain didn't phase her in the slightest. She continued her aimless assault on the ground until she felt satisfied. But even after her helmet had been destroyed into pieces tinder the grain of sand, the satisfaction never came. The dark haired girl had not felt such pain since she lost her best friend, and it was coming back all over again. But somehow, it was stronger.