Chapter Three

"Wow Josie, never thought you'd do it" Hope said not trying to sound rude but surprised that Josie would be leaving. That comment made Josie a bit mad, but she wouldn't let it effect her because today is a good day she is leaving Mystic Falls... for good. Alaric noticed Josie tensed up in his arms and asked Hope if she needed him, in which she said never mind and left his office.

Once the door closed both Josie and her father let go of each other. "Josie, it's been a couple of weeks now, please tell me what happened between you and Hope?", Alaric so desperately asked needing to know this piece of gossip.

"N- NO. NO I CAN'T" Josie yelled, which took her father by surprise. "Sorry I didn't mean to yell. I can't tell you please understand. Maybe one day I will. I haven't even told Lizzie yet. Just understand that I need to leave. Please."

"Hey it's okay sweetie. You tell me or you're sister or whoever you feel comfortable telling when you're ready. Okay?" Alaric said, while wiping away the tears starting to fall from his daughters eyes and bringing her into a tight hug and kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you dad. Thank you for understanding. And thank you for everything" Josie said before getting herself out of the hug. "You're most welcome it's been the absolute highlight of my life to see you and you're sister become the young women use are today".

I shared a quick hug with my father and promised him I'd see him one last time before I left to go on my travels. Once I left his office, I headed to the Old Mill wanting to get some reading done in my favourite reading spot before I left, or maybe I was just hoping a certain auburnette had gone there.

Exisiting out of the boarding house my mind was racing with thoughts such as 'Is Hope at the Old Mill? I hope she is.', 'I wonder why her voice broke when my dad told her I was leaving?', 'Do I really have that much of an impact on her emotions?'. Then suddenly I bumped into someone, "I'm so sorry, I was just so busy in thought... Finch!" oh great my ex she is the last person I needed to bump into at this moment.