05

don't forget to vote and share!!

Charlotte

I've managed to avoid Roman recently and it's been working out well. I've done a couple of jobs and have had nothing but success. The only thing I have to deal with now that causes the same unhappy reaction in me is my parents.

Me and Elliot were now pulling into the driveway for our parents home, and I am dreading it. Especially after what Adam had been asked to do.

Once he's parked he climbs out the door walking around and when I step out the cat, he walks next to me. "You'll be fine, you know you will." He says, giving my arm a gentle squeeze before knocking.

It isn't long till the door opens wide and the grinning face of my mother greets us. She looks good for her age, that's one thing I can thank her for. Her dark hair like mine frames her face, and her dark eyelashes are curled. She looks beautiful. I smile.

"My babies." She says ushering is into her arms and when me and Elliot embrace her, we roll our eyes. She's been like this ever since we were young. Always treating us like children even though she knew we weren't and she knew our father was the one to make us how we were.

"Hello mum." I mumble into her hair, pulling back and watching as she gives Elliot another squeeze. He's her favourite no matter how much she denies it.

I walk further into the house leaving my brother behind as my mother rambles on about how much he's grown and how much she wishes to have grandchildren soon.

Once I reach my fathers study, I knock gently on the door and when I hear him call out I push the door open.

When I walk in he stands and makes his way around the desk to give me a hug. "How are you my darling?" He says cupping my face, and then gesturing me to take a seat.

"I'm okay dad but i'm a bit confused onto why you and mum wanted to talk to us."

And once I mentioned that, his smile dropped. "So impatient huh." He fixes up his tie and walks out the door so I presume to just follow him. Once we walk down the stairs and I hear the familiar voice of my mother, he walks over and greets my brother.

"I've just made some dinner, how do you fancy some pasta?" She places a huge bowl onto the table and places down four plates but I notice the way she lays out other plates for the men around the house.

I take a seat opposite Elliot, my mother and father on opposing ends of the table. I look down at my plate and swirl it onto my fork and take a bite. "This is lovely thank you." I say, half telling the truth.

"Your welcome darling. You'll need to learn to do this soon when you meet a man." I look up and drop my fork onto the plate.

"what?" I say confused.

"You know when you meet a man you have to-"I stand and grit my teeth when the chair scratches against the ground.

"Is this what this is about?" I look between my mother and when she looks sheepishly over to my father who only grits his teeth and stands.

"Sit down charlotte."

"No! I want to know what you've done now." They go silent and when no one speaks I slam my hands down onto the table.

"CHARLOTTE." My father now stands, dropping his tissue away from his lap and he flex's his arms on the table pinning his gaze onto mine. "YOU WILL NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME AND YOU WILL NOT BEHAVE IN SUCH A WAY."

I only laugh in sarcasm and when I make eye contact with Elliot he looks as if he could kill. He watches my father intensely waiting to see what he does next, both of us knowing what he is capable of.

"Why am I here?"

"You are to marry this year and if you do not take your choice with approval, I will decide."

I feel my body burning with rage and i'm pretty sure my mouth is hanging open from shock. I only snap out of it when I hear another chair scrape against the floor.

"Father surely this is all wro-" Elliot tries but he's only cut off.

"DO NOT QUESTION ME BOY! YOU ARE TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH WHAT I TELL YOU TO." He slams his hands down onto the table startling my mother.

I step out of my chair and push it back into the table and go to pick up my bag. My mother rushes over to me and when she grabs my arm I pull away from her.

"Don't touch me." I mutter and try to push the tears welling in my eyes away.

"I'm sorry darling but this is how it's meant to be.." She offers me a smile but I don't return it, hearing Elliot be shouted at by my father still in the dining room.

"No it's not. I should decide when and if I marry." I pull to open the door handle and I'm immediately joined with Elliot who looks equally as angry. He doesn't bother to say anything as we leave but pulls me to his side, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we walk to the car.

"We'll figure it out."