36

Romans explanation is coming :) tissues may be needed again.

Please vote, comment and follow!

Charlotte

Is he being for real? He's been lying to me this whole time, manipulating my feelings. Giving me a false reality. "Why is there a contract about me?"

His eyes widen for a moment so I nudge his head with the gun. "Okay..okay I'll tell you everything just please put the gun down Charlotte."

"Don't tell me what to do." I pull down, flicking the safety off and the clicking sound registers in his head. "Roman I swear if you don't start talking you won't have the chance to."

"Charlotte..please can we talk about this a calmly. It's not what you think-" I move the gun and point it towards the wall sending a warning shot. He jolts forward and this time I point it towards his heart.

"It's not what I fucking think? Tell me the truth, no bullshit just get straight to the point!" I yell.

"I want you to know that I love you.." Now he's  pissing me off. What does he not understand that he just needs to tell me the truth? I send him a glare.

"I knew who you were before we first met. I found out you were going to the club to drug one of the men. And the moment I saw you, I needed you." He lets out a shaky breath bringing his arms by his side.

"And after I had that one taste of you, I couldn't let you go. I was willing to do anything for you, and I still am. As hard as it was, I knew what I needed to do. It was almost like the universe wanted us to be together. Your father rung me later on after I had well..done something to get his attention. That's when I offered him the marriage between us. He wouldn't agree, he wanted things in return. He wanted peace and he wanted resources. A lot of them. So that's what I did.. I gave the man what he wanted so I could in return get what I wanted."

He tries to step closer to me, probably noticing my eyes softening. It wasn't because I was forgiving him or was no longer angry. I was upset and felt like I had been betrayed.

"I told you that it was him who offered the agreement because I wanted you to like me. I wanted to have you and I knew you would think of me as this monster if you found out. I want you to know that everything i've done for you is real and-"

"How do you expect me to believe that? You- You lied to me, made me believe it was my father at fault."

He runs a hand through his his hair, "Charlotte I did this because I loved you!" He moves one hand onto my leg, rubbing the skin in a reassuring way.

I push him back and stand. "Stop touching me! If you loved me, you wouldn't have arranged to be with me! All those times you were there.. they were fake. This between us was fake and I was to blind to see it."

I press the gun into his chest, "You used me! How am I supposed to believe that what we have is real? It's started as a lie, and it probably still is a lie."

I move around the desk and I put the gun back down on the table. No matter how angry I felt, I knew I could never use it on him. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

He grabs my arm, turning me around. He was so close I could feel the warmth radiating off him.

"It was never a lie..It was real. I do love you." His voice breaks, and It hits me deep down inside. "Please.." He almost whispers, his other hand darting out to push a piece of hair behind my ear. "Please say it back.."

I stare at him for a moment. His eyes are glassy and red. His face no longer has its signature smirk or smile. Instead he looks broken. He looks like a tired little boy.

The tears fall and I let my eyes flutter close at his touch. His thumb moves to wipe them away. His lips press to my forehead.

"Roman.." He moves back ever slightly. "I need a break. I need space. I'm going to pack a bag and i'm going to go stay with my brother. I'll talk to you when I've thought about us."

"Okay.." And with that, I move past him not sparing another look back. Once in our room, I pack away some clothes and essentials. Looking around, I don't know when i'll see this room again.