16

Don't forget to vote!!

Roman

I was so fucking angry. I watched Charlotte enter a hotel room with a man old enough to be her father. His wrinkly hands touching her back. Touching her ass. Touching her skin.

Touching the places I touched.

Charlotte wasn't naive and she wasn't dumb but she let herself be in these dangerous positions. I couldn't even do anything. She isn't mine as much as I wish she was.

I stormed out of the hotel ignoring the lady at the front desk asking me if i'm okay. I'm not fucking okay.

I open my car door and slam it shut letting my hands grip the steering wheel. I rest my head on the wheel and let out a groan of frustration.

This is the first time i've seen her do something like this and it probably isn't her first time. My head is pounding and there's anger flowing through my blood.

Think about all those men who have had their ways with Charlotte. All the ways they've thought about her. All the things they've seen that should only be mine.

Fuck.

I am whipped by a woman who doesn't even want me.

I start driving and I know exactly where I want to be right now.

"So you just sleep with men all the time now?" Charlotte visibly jumps when she turns her living room light on. My hands grip the glass tighter. When I turn to look at her, she looks emotionless.

"No I don't. What the fuck do you want?" She starts to take off her heels and walks towards me.

I shake my head and laugh. "You just want all the attention huh? Look at me everyone. My names Charlotte and I'll sleep with you for money!" I toss the rest of the drink back into my throat.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She tells and I stand up.

"You know, heading to hotel rooms with older men." She shakes her head and laughs.

"I don't need to explain myself to you." She points a finger at my chest and moves closer towards me.

"Except you do. Because I don't think your daddy dearest would like to see his daughter going places with older men when she's in a relationship!"

"WE AREN'T IN A RELATIONSHIP!" She places both hands on my chests and fists my shirt in her hands.

"SO YOU KEEP SAYING! YOU KNOW HOW HUMILIATED I FEEL? WORKING FOR MY BUSINESS AND WHEN I LEAVE MY ROOM I SEE MY GIRLFRIEND WALKING WITH AN OLDER-MAN WHO IS TOUCHING HER ALL OVER."

She walks away muttering something but I follow her into her bedroom. "It's ridiculous."

"The only thing ridiculous is you. You think you own me or something Roman. I'm my own person and I wasn't sleeping with some man. I was getting revenge for my brother."

Oh.

I'm speechless.

"Now I suggest you get the fuck out my apartment before I shoot you in the fucking head with your own gun."

Charlotte

Someone's knocking on my door. I've tried ignoring it for the past 20 minutes but they won't stop. I groan rolling over and placing a pillow on my head. Nope. I can still here the knocking.

I reach over and grab Romans gun and slide out of bed. Walking towards the door I look through the peephole and I let out a breathe of relief.

Looking up at my door is a tired and sad looking Roman. He's no longer dressed in a suit but grey sweatpants and a white t shirt.

I sigh and open the door. His eyes light
up and he walks into the apartment, wrapping an arm around me. "I'm sorry i'm so so sorry."

I shuffle awkwardly and move to close my door with the weight of a grown man leaning on my smaller build. I place the gun down on the counter and no matter where I move Roman doesn't let go.

I sit down on the couch and he stays right next to me. His eyes are tired and drooling, his hair a mess and he smells strongly of alcohol. His eyes dilated too.

"Are you drunk?" I place my hand under his jaw and he relaxes into my touch. He looks up at me and the emotion on his face only makes me feel bad. He looks so cute right now.

"I'm so sorry Charlotte." He frowns and it has me smiling. "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to say anything that I did."

"Then why did you?" I allow my thumb to softly caress the skin on his cheek.

"Because you don't love me." A tear slides down his cheek and I feel as if somethings crushed my heart. He's being vulnerable with me and I have no idea if he's going to remember any of this in the morning but It still has me thinking.

"Roman you don't love me." The tears begin to slide more and he only mutters things like "I do love you." and "Why can't you love me?" Over and over again.

Somehow we're in a position where Romans head is leaning on my chest, his tears staining my shirt. I rub my hand up and down his back.

"C'mon let's go to bed."