17

Short chapter but it's explaining the plot twist!!

Charlotte

Muffling sounds moving around my room wake me up. I groan and open my eyes and watch a figure move around my room. I rub my eyes and my vision becomes clearer. Roman now stands in my room fixing himself up in the mirror.

"Your gonna need to shower you reek of alcohol." His head snaps to me and he has an annoyed look on his face. Okay I guess we're back to always rude Roman.

"Whatever happened last night, I don't wanna know." I watch him run his fingers through his hair.

"Don't worry I didn't throw myself at you like I do with all the other men." I sit up wrapping myself in the covers. He turns to look at me and when he starts to apologise, I cut him off. "Hurry up and leave."

He shares me a glance as I slide out of bed. I pull down my sleeping wear shorts and walk past him straight into my bathroom. I pull out my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. I hear the front door open and close.

Roman

I finish fixing up my suit and I leave my room. Walking down the steps, I acknowledge my men with a nod and I make my way to the conference room.

"Julian." He rises out of his seat and when close enough, he extends his hand out to me. I shake it and go to sit opposite him.

"Roman, how are you?" His arms rest on the table and he stares directly at me. Sitting opposite him now, I can see the small resemblances between him and Charlotte.

"I am doing okay thank you, we're here to discuss your daughter."

"I hope she is well and you are not causing her any distress." I scoff. Me causing her distress?

"She's fine. I wanted to discuss the agreement between us."

"That's fine. I've been getting all the materials you've sent me. And none of your men seem to have run into my own. I am pleased." He says.

"That's good. I have only one more thing I want to add to the agreement."

He nods and I watch as he pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and he lights it. "Charlotte cannot know."

"That wouldn't be a problem Cascade. My daughter has every right to know if I believe you are going to cause her harm or anything goes wrong between my men and yours. It's what we agreed for. You wanted my daughter and I want power. It's best she doesn't know any of this."

I nod agreeing. Charlotte would kill me if she knew any of this. I finally feel as if i'm getting somewhere with her. The moment I saw her across the room from me in that club, I knew what I wanted and I'm used to getting what I want.