33

Buckle up besties because the next couple of chapters are gonna be an a emotional rollercoaster.

Remember to vote!!

Charlotte

"You look so beautiful." Roman says, appearing behind me in the mirror. After spending the day together doing all of my favourite things, eating my favourite foods I jumped into the shower and I put on my favourite white dress.

"Thank you." I smile putting in my earrings. It's then I notice how good he looks. He's dressed in all black and his shirt is utterly delectable. His hands are adorned in rings, a silver chain resting around his neck.

I feel the air shift between us and I watch our reflection in the mirror, his hands gently skimming my shoulder as he moves my hair onto one side. "What are you doing?" He shakes his head grinning.

I'm about to question him again but to my surprise he pulls something out of his back pocket. Something in a black box. He opens it revealing a light necklace decorated with diamonds in each chain ring. However that's not what catches my attention the most, it's matching bracelet left in the box.

"Roman I-" He gently puts the necklace around my neck, enclasping it gently. "Shhh." He presses a kiss to my neck. When he pulls back he looks up at me in the mirror, just admiring me.

"Do you like it my love?" I turn around not realising how close our proximity was. I almost scoff at his question. Did he really even have to question it?

"Well a diamonds are a girls best friend.." He lets out a low chuckle, picking up the bracelet in the box. "Now this..you may be annoyed at me but I think it's fitting." He's got a mischievous glint in his eyes, a cheeky smirk growing as he only watches my confusion.

He brings the bracelet up to my hands and I take it noticing the engraved letters. Reading it from the golden metal it says, "my love."

It feels like i'm melting. I lean forward pressing my lips to his. He accepts my kiss, still feeling his upturned lips against mine. He breaks away, "turn it over."

Confused, I hesitantly turn the bracelet over. "Oh my fucking god.." Not only is the front engraved with words, but so is the back. Except what it reads isn't for the public eye. Rather just for me and him to know about. It hasn't blood pumping and my body heating. "and my good girl."

"Roman.." He lifts my left wrist and takes it from my hold. He slowly clasps it on and i'm left to admire it. He presses another kiss to my lips and pulls on my hand. "C'mon I wanna show you where we are eating."

"That food was amazing!" I lean back in my chair feeling completely stuffed. Roman had booked us a reservation at one of the leading restaurants in our area. It was in the top of the building, completely broken away from everyone else and was surrounded by glass windows.

"I'm glad you liked it, We still have desert. I've wished for something special." Roman raises a glass of champagne to his lips, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Roman I appreciate all the effort you've put in but I don't know if i can actually eat anymore." I chuckle now leaning forward watching him smile.

"You've gotta wait. I promise it'll be worth it. I know a way we can burn it all off later."

"Oh really? and what does that involve?" My legs cross over each other under the table, resting my heel against his leg. I watch his tongue come out to poke his cheek.

"Me..you. Preferably me under you. No clothes of course, unless it's the fucking lingerie I know you've got on under there." His eyes seem darker, and it feels as if the airs become hotter.

"I think I can deal that..I don't know if you can though." He chuckles lowly and motions over for the waiter. He soon rushes over holding a ice cream sundae dish.

It's one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. It's soft ice cream is covered in a rich red sauce, cream adoring the top with cherries embedded. Sprinkles decorate the glass and two desert spoons are placed inside. Okay so maybe I can eat more.

"I know you like the cherry lollipops so I thought you'd like cherry ice cream." He takes out a spoon holding it out for me, "I do thank you."

The moment I taste it I instantly go back in for another soon. It taste so rich and smooth, addicting to my taste buds. Roman laughs from across me, "thought you were stuffed?"

"I am, but like you said we'll have a way to burn it off." He takes another spoon full and soon enough there's barely any left.

"We demolished that." I raise my hand a grin on my face and Roman high fives me laughing. "There's still more in the bottom."

I dig my spoon deeper but there's something at the bottom. It feels solid and not like ice cream. "Roman.."

"Just spoon it out." Okay so he knows what it is? What is it?

I raise my eyebrow and tilt the glass to the side. "There's still ice cream in here though.. I don't wanna get it everywhere."

He sighs yet the smile on his face doesn't disappear. He picks up an unused napkin and holds it close under the glass waiting for me to pour whatever is in it out. He moves his head to the side prompting me on.

Hesitantly I do as said and when whatever it is falls out the glass, Roman wraps it up in the tissue in a closed fist.

"What is it?" He stands and pushes his chair back. He moves around the table and steps towards me, "Roman..what are you doing?"

He says nothing but gets on his knee before me. He used one hand to pull my chair to the side to face him, causing me to let out a small yelp. "Roman.."

He places one hand on my knee to steady himself, "I think it's about time I finally ask you the question we knew i'd eventually ask.."

Oh shit. I know what he's doing.

"I know we originally thought we'd continue hating each other,  but it isn't a secret that I have fallen for you. This marriage between us was originally to be faked, but there's nothing more I want to experience than the purest intentions of coming home to you every day and wrapping my arms around you. I've been waiting for a moment to ask you to be mine, as my heart and soul is already yours. Please do me the favour Charlotte Loretto and be mine?"

I'm utterly speechless. The man before me rubs his thumb on the skin underneath in a comforting manner.  His eyes hold such raw and pure emotion, vulnerability too.

"Yours, I'm yours."