37

Short chapter/ filler chapter!
Double update!!

Remember to vote!

Roman

The house was quiet. I was quiet. Except the thoughts were loud in my head. I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around Charlotte the moment she threatened to leave but that would only make her more angry.

This was inevitable. I should of told her from the moment I first laid eyes on her. Or well I should say the first time she laid eyes on me.

She couldn't even say she loved me.

I think that's what hurt most.

I know all that was said was just in a pit of emotions, but it didn't mean it wasn't felt in my chest.

Now what was once our bedroom lacked little quirks of hers. The wardrobe was open still and while a few of her clothes were still inside, the majority weren't.

I open the bedside drawer, her gun and over belongings missing. We'd carry on using each other guns for awhile, a subtle show of affection but now mine lays here empty instead of hers it feels like rejection.

Instead I take it upon myself to head to my kitchen, open a bottle of vodka and drink it straight.

The bitter taste burns my throat, but I carry on drinking it as if I have anything better to do. Not that I think I do anyway.

Charlottes left me. Just like everyone else in my life eventually will. It's destined to happen.

Pulling out my phone I call her father. She probably won't speak to him.

He answers almost immediately.

"Roman, how may I help?" His rough voice only angers me. The fact he sounds so calm as if he knows what could happened won't effect him because his daughter will always be with him. By blood.

"She knows." The line goes silent and I scoff and take another swig of the bottle. "What?" He repeats.

"She fucking knows and she's gone to Elliot's for space." He curses under her breathe, "Oh well Roman. You knew what you was getting yourself into."

And that does it.

"I chose to do what I did because I loved her! And as a father you shouldn't be so fucking calm about this. She's obviously upset and you don't sound too angry for knowing your daughters hearts been broken. A real father wouldn't push her to get married before she was ready. A real father would of argued with my proposition. You should have rejected me!"

Muffled sounds come from the other end of the phone, sounds almost as if he's thrown everything off his desk.

"I wanted what's best for my daughter, her marrying will-" I cut him off. "You wanted what's best for your business! You don't give a shit about her! You've not been there half the times when she needed you. When she needed someone to comfort her. Instead you leave others to pick up the pieces."

He chuckles lowly, "well..I still got what I wanted in the end didn't I? Roman, I suggest you sober up because you wouldn't be speaking to me with this attitude other wise, and sort your shit out. At the end of the day we had a deal that your still expected to fur fill."

Then he hangs up. I pick up the glass bottle and throw it across the room. It hits the wall and smashed against the ground.

Charlotte

The spare room in Elliot's apartment is surprisingly bigger than I had expected it to be. I'd packed everything away that I brought with me and explained everything that happened. To both Elliot and Adam who apparently seems to never leave my brothers apartment. To which I don't mind.

"What a fucking jerk?! You want me to cut his balls off and hang them on the city lines?" Adam mumbles, pulling me into his side. It makes me laugh, and wipe the mascara tears away.

"I'm sure you'd love that Adam." Elliot joins us on the sofa, sitting on the other side of me.

"Of course I would. I want to bring him great suffering for all he's done to her." He presses his lips to my forehead in a gentle kiss.

"Well he's lost the best thing that ever happened to him." My admission puts a smile on both of their faces, "Yeah yeah!" Elliot shouts.

Adam stands and grabs the tv remote switching the channel over, "You know what you need to watch? Keeping up with the kardashians. Elliot, get your useless ass up and get us something to drink."