13

Remember to vote!!

Charlotte

I take a good look at myself in the mirror. My white Mary Jane heels adorn my tanned long legs and go perfectly with my white silk dress. I wanted to look good, especially because being On romans side for a night is going to be hard.

I sigh and grab my bag. "for fuck sake." Romans due to be here in two minutes and i'm still here debating whether or not i like what i'm wearing.

I grab his gun from the drawer of my bedside table and when I hear knocking on the door, I walk over to it and open. My breathe is stolen.

He's dressed in a suit like always but he wears a white flower in his suit pocket, matching the colour and material of my own dress. It's such a small gesture but it makes my face heat.

His hair has gel ruffled through it evenly and his facial hair is as sharp as his jawline. I watch his eyes trail down my body and linger on my chest. When he slides his tongue across his lower lip, I find myself clutching my legs together.

"Fucking hell charlotte." He leans one arm against the door frame, still admiring me.
"What?"

"Your fucking beautiful." I smile and shake my head. I'm now aware of the time and I under his arm and begin to lock my door.

"You have a really great ass." He has no filter. I find myself laughing and when I turn to look round at him, he's smirking at me walking down the complex stairs and to the parking lot.

My door is open and i'm met with the red carpet under neath my heels. Roman offers me a hand and when i take it, he gives my hand a gentle squeeze in a reassuring way.

When he leans in to kiss my cheek, I move back but he whispers into my ear, "remember your my fake girlfriend." He emphasises on the fake but I relax into the simple gesture nodding.

Flashes of cameras follow us as I take his arm and walk up the steps. "You'll be fine, don't talk to any men without me."

"Okay." I suddenly feel nervous. My family will be here and It's my first time attending one of these events. I have no idea what's going on and although Roman tried to help me understand what i'm doing, it still confuses me.

With a nod the two men standing at the side of the doors, they acknowledge roman and open the door.

Hundreds of people are talking and drinking alot. It looks so...normal? Aren't these people meant to be at each others throats during night and day. I guess they take this peace thing really serious.

Before I can even ask Roman anything, a man comes wondering over with a tray of drinks. We both take one and say our thanks.

I go to bring it to my lips, but Roman stops me. "Do not drink that, you don't know whether it's been poisoned yet." I pull away and frown.

"It looks okay to me." I swirl the glass looking for any sign of powder or colouring.

He takes the glass out of my hand and places both of ours down on a table. "I don't care, your not risking it."

"Roman."

We both snap our heads in the direction of the deep voice. A man stands behind us with a dark blue suit on, his blond hair messed up and he grins at Roman and I.

"Lucas." Roman leaves my side and shakes Lucas's hand. They look like they have known eachother for a while but I feel so awkward standing here as they talk and catch up. I cough and when Roman looks towards me he sighs.

"Oh yeah this is Charlotte, charlotte meet Lucas, Lucas meet charlotte." I smile and when I gesture my hand out for him to shake he only takes my hand and placed a gentle kiss .

"Easy shes my girlfriend." Roman laughs, covering it as a joke but I don't miss the way he steps in between us.

"Lovely to meet you, how well you've done Roman. Can't believe someone would want your ass." I laugh and watch as Roman scoffs.

"Where's Jules?" Jules? I swear if she's some bitch he-

"I'm here." A soft voice comes from behind Lucas. He moves aside and into view comes one of the most perfect girl i've ever seen.

I'm first to reach my hand out and she gives it a small shake. "Charlotte." I smile and she returns the favour, "Jules, wife of this bitch." I laugh not expecting her to say something.

"Hey!" Lucas pulls her into his side immediately but her laughs can still be heard.

"Hey charlotte why don't you and Jules go and get some drinks, me and Roman have things to discuss." I nod my head and watch him let go of Jules who happily takes my arm and guides me away.

Roman

I watch her tanned legs walk away and the way her body sways naturally with each step. Her hair cascading down her back moves along with each step. Fuck she looked good. More than good. She looked delectable.

"What's going on with the chick?" Lucas says, catching me out of my trance. When I look at him, he looks puzzled.

"What the fuck are you thinking Roman? She's a Loretto." He rubs his forehead.

"I know."

He grabs my arm pulling me away and walking towards a hallway.

"Do you know how stupid this is? Her father will literally kill you in the most brutal way. Probably would quarter your body and leave you on my doorstep."

I steal a glance of Charlotte. She looks like she's enjoying herself. She has a smile on her face, laughing to Jules as she introduces her to another girl.

I watch the other men around her and how their eyes stay trained to her ass. I grit my teeth and place my hand over my gun in my pocket. Not my gun, her gun.

"Roman stop eye fucking her and listen to me." I smirk at the image of her now in my head, her on her knees looking up at me.

"I've dealt with him." I continue watching her every move and when a guy takes a double glance, the adrenaline in me changes.

"What did you do? Bribe him or something?" He asks humourlessly. I pay him barley any attention watching the guys movement. I look down and see him run his hand discretely over his pants. When he begins to stand, I begin to walk over to her.

"Something like that..."