07

Please vote!!
Charlotte

"So..Stephen what do you like to do?" This date has already gone to waste and i'm just waiting for the time to pass. This whole week i've been put on dates with men from our mob to try and find someone to marry for myself, rather than my father.

"I like to do cycling." He says, taking a bite out of his burger leaving some of the sauce in the corner of his mouth.

I have to hide my laugh by coughing over it. Cycling? The guy works for us not for the fucking Olympics.

"What about you?" When I look up, it looks like he's picking out lettuce from his teeth.

"I uh- I like fashion a lot, especially going to shows." I smile and look down at my empty plate.

"Oh yeah I got a friend in that business, says you women always find away to make a mess of the clothes he makes before you even show it off." He laughs to himself and when he realises im not laughing, he gulps harshly.

I stand up and brush my dress over and forge out a painfully fake smile. "I'm just gonna head to the ladies." He nods and pulls out his phone looking at it.

I roll my eyes and walk straight towards the exit but before I go, I walk up to the bar informing the owners to put it in my tab and expect it to be paid by tomorrow.

I pull out my phone and call Elliot immediately. He answers on the third ring.

"Are you okay?" I smile hearing the panic in his voice. I reach into my bag pulling out my cigarette and lighting it.

"Yeah he was a dickhead."

He laughs and I let out a puff of smoke.

"Need me to pick you up?"  I can already hear him shuffling around and the sounds of keys jangling in the background.

"No i'm okay, might go get drinks somewhere near my apartment then i'll head home."

"Okay be safe."

"I will, you don't have to worry about me."

"I know, love you."

I say my goodbyes and throw my cigarette on the ground crushing it under my heels. Luckily the restaurant we were at is somewhat near where I wanna go, so i walk towards the bar I go to on the regular.

When I walk inside i'm hit with the upbeat music and I can already feel all my frustrated feelings fade away. I walk up to the bar and order my drink taking a seat in a booth towards the back.

I pull out my phone and place it down on the table and let out a breathe taking a sip of my drink.

I let my mind wonder over to what my father said. I don't even understand why I have to marry. Honestly I think it's all bullshit.

I love my father but he has and never will be the figure that I aspire him to be. He treats me like a child but a stranger at the same time. When I was 15, he taught me how to be 21. I never had time to experience childhood like how my friends did.
"Hey char wanna come over for a sleepover?" "Sorry i cant, my brothers sick."

In reality, he wasn't sick. I was learning how to shoot a gun.

"What's on your mind my love?" My head shoots up at the familiar voice and I watch as he slides opposite me in the booth.

"For fuck sakes." He offers me a grin and when I go to stand up, he pulls me back down with my arm. I ignore the way the small contact sends butterflies in my stomach.

"I got a lovely message from someone close to you." That causes me to stop. I put my hands on the table and watch as he leans back on his chair and runs a hand through his hair.

"who?"

"Someone going by the name Julian Loretto." He watches my expression change and as much as I try to hide it, he reads me like a book.

"What business does my father have with you? Last time I checked he had a bounty on your head." He laughs and the sound has the corners of my lips turning up, but yet again I hide it. This time I brought my drink to my lips, successfully not letting him see my smile.

"Says something about me and you marrying. Says if we do, he'll grant me peace and be allied with me for as long as I agree."

"WHAT!" I stand leaving my arms on the table.
"I can't marry you."

"I'm not that bad you know, and i'm not asking you too but.." He trails off teaching for my drink and taking a sip for himself.

"But what?"

"We could easily pretend we were that way I still get my part of the deal, you get your father off your case and it's undeniable there is some sort of attraction between us. I can be your person you call when you how should I phrase this- you need someone to give you what you want, you and me."

I stand there wide eyed and still for a moment. It is undeniable that I do feel a certain way towards him. I noticed it even earlier when I was comparing Stephen to him. But a benefits sort of thing?

I would get my father and mother off my case and the balls would be in my court. I wouldn't be married to my fathers choice.  I wouldn't end up with an asshole who's dick probably cant even get hard. And I know Roman has no troubles. He's not that bad.

Fuck what am I thinking? Am I really considering fake dating Roman Cascade like we're still in school?

"If I were to say yes, would we be exclusive?" I slowly sit down aware of the fact I was still standing.

"If that's what you want love, then yes."

I reach my hand out to him and when his much larger, harder hand engulfs mine and shakes it, I meet his eyes.

"Deal."