41

please vote!!

3 months later

Charlotte

"I swear if he screws up again i'll cut his fucking hand off and send it to his mum." Elliot passes me my drink, giving Roman a side eye over my shoulder.

"It's fine. Just go and have fun and i'll let you know at the end of the night how it goes." He sighs and shakes his head but gives me a tight lipped smile. "Okay, love you."

"Love you too." I smile, waving him off and I watch as he walks across the bar over to where he's sitting with his friends. And now I have to go and sit with Roman. Why did I agree to this? God knows but he's making an effort, which I appreciate.

Walking over to the booth in the back, I push past the couples dancing everywhere. My mouth runs dry. There he is, hair as dark as ever and green eyes so piercing. He's wearing all black, but his shirt is snug and fitting. And suddenly i'm getting deja vu of when I first met him.

His hands rest on the table, messing with the rings on his hands. He almost looks...nervous?

"Hey.." Once he hears my voice, his eyes dart up to mine and he smiles. He goes to stand up to greet me, but I slide in on the other side anyway.

"I didn't think you were gonna show then." He mutters, taking a sip of his drink.

"Of course i'd show, or i'd at-least tell you. I'm not that cold." He laughs and moves to take his hand in mine. "How have you been?"

"I'm good thanks, finally had my apartment fixed up and all refurbished." It's true. Me and Roman over time have been talking, messaging meeting up for the odd occasional coffee and I can't lie and say it hasn't been nice. He's been treating me well. And to be honest, today is our first time out at night together.

"That's good. That's really good. My sister came to stay with me last week." I smile, I loved his relationship with her.

"I miss her. You better tell her that I miss her." I take a sip of my drink. Wait what even is this? It tastes so good.

"She misses you too. I think we all miss you too." His thumb rubs the skin on my hand, and just like that my body tension melts, and I lean more into his touch.

"I truly am sorry for not telling you everything. And I do just want to tell you I appreciate you giving me this chance to prove myself to you."

"It's okay.. Don't worry, we've turned a new leaf." It goes quiet between us and groups of people come rushing down to the dance floor.

He clears his throat, "Do you wanna dance?"

"I uh- sure I guess."

We both stand and walk over to the dance floor, surrounded by what feels like hundreds of people. Arabella by the artic monkeys is playing, my body feels warm already, and being forced this close with him isn't helping.

He wraps one arm around my waist, and he leans down to my ear whispering, "don't worry, just dance. let the music take you away. No one is staring and even if they were it's because they're all jealous."

His words make my mouth run dry.
His words make my cheeks flush.
His words make me dance.

Slowly and steadily, my hips begin to move along to the beat and I do exactly what he says. Letting the music take me away. And suddenly no one else is here. It's just me and Roman.

"Your such a good dancer darling." He says, smoothly into my ear. I grin and subconsciously push my body backwards. His chest meeting my back.

Whether it's the alcohol in both our systems, or the emotions we've talked and faced within the last couple of weeks or even just the atmosphere everything steels much hotter.

I feel Roman swaying too behind me, "do you mind if I put my hands on your back?" He says, drawing my attention back to him.

"It's okay, go ahead." His hand smooths down my back almost reassuringly as I continue to dance, just allowing the songs to take control of me. I love music I really do.

"I'm going to go get another drink. You wanna come with?" He asks. I nod my head.

He guides me ahead, his hand still on my back as we move throw the crowds and to the bar. "What would you like?"

"Can I just have a vodka lemonade?" He nods. Soon enough the bartender comes over, reading to serve us and slides us across the drinks.

"Do you want a straw?" He says over the music? Do i want a fucking straw what?

He gestures to my lips, "Your lipstick, do you want a straw. I remember you always drunk with straws while we were out and you wore lipstick."

Oh, he remembered. I didn't think he even noticed.

"Oh yeah please that would be better." I hold my drink carefully in my hands, "Alright stay here. Give me a minute."

He walks towards the other side of the bar. Looking around, I watch as the female bartender leans closer to hear what he's saying. She fetch's him a straw but before he can fully come back over to me, she's placing a hand on his arm. I watch his jaw tick.

It looks like she's trying to get closer to him, puckering his lips. And like that my feet start moving faster than my brain. I don't hear anything she or Roman says, I just feel the cold lemonade from my glass splash of her.

Oh shit.

Snapping my eyes down, my glass is empty and everyone is now looking at us.

"What the fuck?!" She screams over the music. She looks so funny, dirty blood hair darker and stuck together from the stickiness of drink.

"He obviously wasn't interested in you!" She wipes her smudged lipstick off her chin.

"Well he should of made it clearer! Felt like he was all over me!" She snarls, and I watch as she picks up Romans glass from the counter. No way in hell am I gonna let this bitch pour this drink on me.

Through the slit of my dress, I grab my gun from my lace thigh strap. I point it directly in her face. Everyone around us screams.

"Charlotte, C'mom lets just go." Roman ushers me over, a hand on my arm.

"Stay the fuck away!" She puts her hands up in the air, her bottom lip quivering. It only makes my grin grow.

"Let's go." Roman says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me towards him. As we walk towards the exit, the space clears. Romans hand wraps around my gun and he tucks it into his waistband.

"Well that was hot." He opens the passenger car door open for me, "I've missed seeing you like that."

I sigh, crossing my arms as he pulls off and begins driving. "Well she clearly couldn't take a fucking hint."

Roman laughs, which puts a smile on my face. "I don't think she's gonna be doing that any time soon, did you see how stupid she looked with her lip quivering?"

I laugh loudly, the only image flowing through my head her face.

For the rest of the drive the car is quiet. But unlike it would of been a couple of months ago, it isn't an awkward quiet. In fact it's comforting after everything that happened today. He pulls up outside my apartment complex.

I undo my seatbelt and just stay there for a moment. "Roman?" I say, looking over to him. He hums in response just staring at me.

"Do you wanna come in?"