24

I like this chapter :) Remember to vote comment and follow!

Roman

"I knew it was a random robbery but I still feel odd about it." Charlotte says and when I glance over at her, she's already looking at me. I hide my smile and my hands tighten on the steering wheel.

"Have you told your father?" After hearing about what happened with Charlotte at the milkshake shop, I was shocked. Not because of what actually happened, but because she rung me first. It made my heart swell with pride and I know i shouldn't feel this way but I can't stop. The fact she called me rather than her own family made me feel all giddy inside.

"Yeah i've informed him. Said he'll look into it just so I could be on the safe side." I nod my head and pull into home, signalling to the men to open the gates. After unbuckling my belt, i walk around to Charlottes side.

I open her door and walk her inside. She gravitates over to the couch and I go sit beside her. "Are you okay?" I ask and she snaps her eyes back to mine. "Of course I am."

"Would you like to stay the night?" I ask and it comes out more timid than I would like it to. I watch her for a moment and it's almost like I can see the coils moving in her head. I don't want her to think i'm expecting something out of this.

"Sure." I break out into a smile, and she mirrors the reaction. "But we have to get food." She visibly eases up and relaxes more.

"Of course, I can order something and we can even make something if you'd like." I think i'm blushing. Oh no am I blushing? "I'm not the best at cooking but my sisters shown me some recipes."

She's grinning so hard now i'm sure it's hurting her. "Roman it's okay, we can bake." I nod and i turn my attention back to the tv.

"I can order something and we can bake while we wait for it to come. The delivery usually takes awhile out here. What would you like?"

"Pizzas good." I pull out my phone and go onto the nearest website for a pizza takeaway. "What's your order? and please don't tell me your one of those freaks who enjoy fruit on pizza."

She laughs and when she moves, her arm brushes against mine for a second. Goosebumps spread across my arm. It's stupid. How is this happening after just one touch? Fuck we've been in more intimate situations and a single brush against my arm has me on edge?

"No no. I actually like just a simple pepperoni." I order her pizza before selecting mine and once it's done, I shove my phone back into my pocket. I stand and offer my hand out to her. "C'mon we gotta make some brownies." She clutches my hand and I pull her up.

She follows me into the kitchen and I take out the mixing bowl from a cupboard. When i look back at her, she's rubbing her hands against each other in anticipation. It might be the cutest thing i've ever seen.

"Okay we need sugar, butter, coco powder, chocolate, flour and two eggs." I'm getting out the sugar and flour and Charlotte opens the fridge taking out the rest.

"Are you okay with boiling?" I ask, "Of course I am. You don't know this about me cascade but I actually won best baker when I was 9 in school." I'm laughing and so is she.

"Right well if your so good, use this pan-" I place it on the hob counter and turn on the flame. "And melt this butter." She nods, stepping forward. I watch her measure out the butter carefully. She's biting her lip subconsciously and she's squinting her eyes. I'm paralysed on the spot just watching her.

"Are you gonna do something or you gonna stay there watching me?" She asks, the smugness in her voice apparent. I turn my back immediately and begin turning the nobs of the oven to preheat it.