12

Short chapter!! Please remember to vote!

Roman

I turn over and stretch out my muscles but when I open my eyes the room in in is not familiar and certainly isn't my room. The bed covers are as soft as silk and the dark coloured walls make it hard for any light to project.

My phone is placed on the bed side table next to me and I reach over grabbing it. The time reads 11:31

Shit.

I pull away and make the bed and that's when I realise I slept in my clothes. My only clothes I have with me. My head is pounding from all the drinking last night and I bet i look a mess.

I walk out and into the kitchen expecting Charlotte to be asleep still but she stands with an oversized shirt on exposing her long legs and her barely covered thighs.  I wanted her right now but if she felt as bad as I did, I'd doubt the last thing she'd want is a good fucking.

Or maybe she does?

She doesn't notice me until i reach for a glass in the cabinet above her. She gasps when she sees my arm and turns around quickly hitting me in the face.

"Oh my god- you can't just scare me like that- Oh god your bleeding."  Her eyes frantically search my face and I reach my hand up to wipe under my nose.

Fucking hell she had a good hit on me. My whole face feels like it's aching and she reaches over the counter, her behind slightly grazing against my front, I fight the urge to groan but she grabs me a tissue anyway and pulls my face down to hers.

Her hands were cold making me flinch but she didn't seem to notice. Her eyes were just trained on my nose. She kept her hold on the tissue and placed her spare hand over mine moving my hand to hold the tissue myself.

"Sorry." She moves away from my proximity and clears her throat.

"Christ Loretto you got a good punch." That causes the corner of her mouth to tilt and despite the pain i'm feeling right now, i find myself mirroring her smile.

"I feel like death." She rubs her forehead and picks up a glass of water chugging it down

Things weren't awkward between us right now. It didn't feel like she wanted to kill me and maybe that meant she was coming to terms with the fact we had roles to play.

When I feel the blood no longer leaking out of my nose, I wipe it with the tissue tossing it into the bin behind her.

"We have a ball tomorrow." That catches her attention.

"What?" She rubs her hand up her arm, something i've noticed she does when she's nervous.

"You know, the one with all bosses meeting for one night of peace. Your father must have taken you once, all family members go."  She shakes her head and I find myself frowning.

"He always took Elliot and my mother. Said it's best if no one knew who I was."

"Well your coming with me."

"Alright."

It goes quiet between us and when I get a notification on my phone and I see that troubles stirred back at home, I internally groan.

"I'm gonna have to go. Somethings happened but i'll pick you up tomorrow at 7pm do not be late."

"Gotcha."

I open the front door and close it behind me shaking of every emotion I felt with her. It was stupid to be this far deep with her. From the moment I saw her and what she's capable of, I knew I wanted her and I know I have to wait for her.

Now i've gotta go home and put a bullet through someone's head.