Prom Date

It was the Prom week .
OR how I call it ... hell !
The students, who will end school this year, asking their dates out for prom, enjoying their life and for all other it is hell . They'll come in while class to ask or ask in the floor ( really awkward) but this year it was even worse than all the years before!

Nick was in the last year , which means he needs a date . But our school is really classic so , the boy asks the girl .
I think he will ask Imogen . I understand that , he isn't outed yet and if Nick Nelson , the rugby player doesn't have a date, there going to be questions . So since 3 Days I try my best to avoid them .
Them all . Every single human being on this planet was my enemy. I couldn't deal with my friends right now . I love them and of course they want the best for me but as soon as I sit down, they talk about how cute Nick and I look . And even though I understand , it still hurts . So I will wait patiently until this week and the prom is over .

So I was sitting in the Art room on the floor and ate my food. Thank God that I found this room, so I could hide. I looked up as the door opened, first expecting my teacher but it was someone else. My hiding place seems to be not as secret as I thought.
"Hi Charlie ."
I sighed as I saw Nick .
"Hi."
"Why You're Here ? The others are searching for you ."
"I just need To be alone a little bit ."
I tried to talk myself out of it but forgot that my boyfriend tents to be a little bit protective.
"Why did something happened ?"
He looked already alarmed.
"No everything is fine ."
He sighed before kneeling down in front of me .
"What's wrong Char ?"
I immediately stood up.
"Nothing , but I need to go now , Band meeting."
This wasn't even a lie . The Band meeting startet in 10 Minutes . I just need two but Nick doesn't know that sooo...

I made my way to the music room and after the others came we started to practice. It was a little bit annoying because nobody was paying attention but it was okay .

As soon as it ends I packed my backpack and wanted to go but I stopped as I saw Nick, standing at the door . He really makes it hard to avoid him . He winked at me and I sighed. There's no escape now.
"Hi."
"Hi ."
"How long we're you here ?"
We made our way to my locker .
"Oh just like 10 Minutes."
"You didn't need to wait for me , I can't come to your house today ."
"That's why I waited. I need to speak to you Charlie ."
"What do you want to speak about ?"
I started to stuff my things in my locker, which was a bit hard, considering that everything I ever packed in there since the first year was still in there.
"You've been avoiding me, us all ."
I stopped with what I was doing .
"And first I didn't understand why , what did we do wrong . But after a time I figured it out ."
I looked at him , trying to act innocent.
"What are you talking about ?"
"I talked to Tao . He told me you hate Prom week because you hate all this asking and making drama and he mentioned a while ago that even when you're okay with me not being out to our school , maybe you will start to think your not good enough or something . It did take me some time but After I put one and one together, I understand the problem .
So I wanted to ask you, if you want to be my prom date ."

"What ?"
He grinned .
"Charlie spring , will you be my prom date? Like the whole cliche , I pick you up and we dance and wear Smokings and this stuff ."
"But the oth..."
"I don't care about the others , This are my last weeks here and I want that I can go to prom with my boyfriend, not some random girl I don't even like. So will you be my promdate ?"
"I- , Uhm...
Yes Of course !"
Nick smiled before looking trough the Corridor and giving me a peck on the lips .
"I pick you up at eight ."