Exam

TW!

My hands were shaking and I was sweating . I couldn't breathe and everything inside me wanted to leave this place . I was sitting before my teacher . We had an exam and you needed to speak and let's just French wasn't my thing . I knew 50 words from 294.
And that were just the ones I should specifically learn . Don't get me wrong I did learn ! I'm just dumb !
"So Charlie , let us start ."
No , thank you very much . He showed me the first sentence and I did know one word . One only word .
"Which of this words , do I need to tell you ?"
"Uhm ... I just know one ."
"Charlie , in this sentence are 16 Words and you know one ?"
"Y-yes Sir ."
The class started laughing behind me and I felt how tears formed in my eyes . He sighed before looking at me .
"Did you even learn for this exam ?"
"Ye-yes sir ."
He nodded .
"Well then the other words mean :..."
And this went on for the next 5 minutes before my time was over .

"Okay Charlie , I think you know that this isn't a good note , or ?"
I nodded .
"You can go out now for 5 minutes and then come back . Maybe you should learn more or pay attention in my class ."
The tears started to run down my cheeks as I left the classroom . Nick was waiting for me. He had a free lesson. As soon as I saw him , I started to sob . He quickly wrapped his arms around me .
"What happened baby ?"
I sobbed even more .
" It was how I thought it would be. He embarrassed me in front of the whole class and they all laughed .
I didn't know more then 10 words in all the 3 sentence and he said I should learn and pay more attention . But I DID learn and I PAYED Attention !
Why am I so dumb ?"

Nick sighed and let his head rest on mine .
"You aren't dumb Charlie ! You're the smartest person , I know but everyone has subjects who they aren't good in. That's okay and that doesn't mean your less smart or you aren't that much worth then before . It's okay . It's just one bad note , the next will be better ."

Who else needs a Nick in their life ?