Joint Mission || Sano Shinichiro

Fantasy / Adventure AU

"Don't touch that."

You scold the guild leader who was about to touch a relic. "Do you plan to die?" You told him sarcastically. The ravenette scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

You shake your head, "Come on."

Both you and Shinichiro was chosen to scout the newly discovered small dungeon found by the borders. They had thought that by putting the strongest guild leader and mercerenary leader of the country to mission that would lead to alliance.

The only reason as to why you couldn't announce alliance was that the two parties didn't exactly had the same insights. Were as the black dragons wanted to create a new era for the future generations. Your association wanted to guide and protect the country in the living present while being in free service of the country.

You were known as a great fighter, having to lead many great expeditions while Shinichiro was a great leader who knows how to unite people only having to lack his own proper strength despite his grandfather teaching swordmanship.

You sigh, they were thinking of placing you beside the 'weak king' to fill in the lack of ability to unite and lead your guild as one. More than that...

'They plan to marry me off to him!!'

You comically cried internally, it's not that his bad but he lacks the charm and decency with women and by decency, I mean - he's too soft and mushy with women!!

You've heard countless of times when the guild leader was rejected. Making you in awe at how much of a streak he was having with his rejections.

"Do you know how far does the dungeon goes?" You asked him, pushing your thoughts a far. "A-ah, oh, I don't really know." He replies stammeredly.

You couldn't help but feel the following awkwardness with the guild leader. Why is he like this.

"Maybe we can grab lunch after this...?" He finally speaks first for a while, you only gave him a quick side glanced. You train your eyes at the path, you open your mouth to answer, "I..."

The whole structure suddenly shook, walls vibrating, loud explosions from the further inside. You two looked at each other before telepathically agreeing, the two of you sprints ahead, trying to locate where the explosion was happening.

-

You two managed to knock out two bandits who were on the look out, the both of you were steathily creeping outside the room. You could hear the gold and treasures clanking on the sacks of bag they were putting it in.

"Looks like they didn't know that the dungeon was getting scouted." Shinichiro whispered from behind you. "It just means they don't have intels from the inside which is great but the situation is uneven." You noted.

You skimmed through the bandits, You two took out two bandits and there were six more on the room. "Can you take out two of them? I can take out four but if you can't I'll find way to efficiently kill 'em without having suspected."

"I'm not that weak, and we're not going to kill anyone." He grips your forearm, you look at him and then to the hand that grips you. You glared and he immediately backs his hand, "I'm sorry, but we're not killing anyone."

"Yeah, you're right we can't." You shook your head, focusing on the targets on the chamber. "Do you have a plan?"

He looks at you, "what?" The whole time of the mission, you've been leading the whole thing. "You got something in mind? I've realised I wasn't giving you any chances on this mission. It's just i'm not used to with someone else - Not like I don't let my subordinates do, it's just that they usually make me lead that I..."