Mage And Her Brother (Chapter 4)

Kaneko POV

The bumps on the road made my body jerk upwards and down, I grit my teeth and glared outside the window of the carriage. What kind of fucking roads does this place have?! Ugh, I’m going to tell my father about this. It’s going to get worse now that it’s one of the ways that people get to Helios, road damage is fucking lame as shi-

“So… About your types?” Sagiso, who had sat in front of me, interrupted me in the middle of my thoughts. Did she have to remind me that she was inside this carriage with me? I asked my dad if she could have a separate one because OBVIOUSLY I don’t want to be inches away from this succubus, but he said that since she would be my sort of butler she would have to always be near me.

“Shut it, I’m thinking.” I stared at the commoners outside the window, one waved at me and I lit up to wave back. I crossed my legs and leaned back to the seat, arms on top of it as my gaze set on Sagiso. Her smile twitched, back straightened and fists on lap. Calm down idiot, I’m not going to punch you if you relax, for the fairy’s sake, this girl cannot just chill. 

“Anyway,” I groaned, “I like men who are… First of all, pretty. Like with cute eyelashes and chubby cheeks.” I closed my eyes and clasped my palms together, in the darkness of my mind created my vision for my perfect prince.

“He has to be kind, sweet, and just love to whisper sweet nothings! He has to be sensitive, but also extremely brave. Oh! I would love to just be saved by a sweet boy, plus points if he’s extra JACKED but caring to the brim! He has to be super strong, stronger than me! Like, I know that’s impossible since I’m a hero, but I still want that!” I exclaimed to Sagiso and gleamed, scratches of a pen against paper and the turn of the wheels didn’t help with my focus on my perfect man. Yet no matter how I ignored my surroundings, the figure would just not appear in my mind. Even though I know I want 6 pack abs on him, my mind just went all void.

Taps of hairy small taps crawled in my skin as that dread set in, I gripped both of my arms and hugged myself. I hiccuped a gasp and stared at the floor, sweat was in the straight line of my view. I took large and quick breaths, headache as if it was just bitten by some poisonous spider. 

Why does this feel so wrong? Why can’t I imagine myself with a man? Haven’t I been with many already?! I’ve kissed multiple times, I’ve dated more than any woman can in 10 lives, why can’t I imagine myself being with one?! Shut up! Shut up! I’m fine! There isn’t anything wrong with me! I’m completely healthy! It’s just-

“Are you okay?! Kaneko!” A shot of red filled my white view, her blanket of hands had been on my body. A tight grip, yet her fingertips were like butterflies on my shoulders. She leaned forward while I snapped back to my reality, sweat streamed down her collar bone. 

This filthy creature.

She’s the one that made me like this.

It’s all her fault.

I used to be normal, until she chose me to be a hero. 

I used to be normal, until she came back. 

This succubus of a demon that’s in disguise of a hero.

“I-I’m fine now! Get off me!” I pushed her away with all of my might, and screamed in my head when I focused back. “Shit, wait! Sorry!” What if I hurt her?! One time I broke someone’s rib by just hitting them on the street-

Yet the full strength of the same arms that could bash through a thick boulder with a single punch had only made her stumble back. 

Haah… Right