Finally, a Sane Person! (Chapter 28)

Sagiso POV

Mihasu grumbled beside me and folded her legs. She glanced up at me, made a gentle smile and bowed. "Thank you, what is your name Miss?"

"Oh, I'm..." I paused, it's been a while since I was referred to as Miss so my eyes widened.

"What's wrong?"

"Ah, people see me as a boy most of the time so I was kinda startled when you knew I was a girl." I chuckled lightly and tugged at the chunk of stranded hair in front of my eye.

"I suppose that's normal for this country, they don't expect women to have short hair here." Her dark oak gaze trailed from my head to toe. "But I could tell from your figure, there's no way a guy could look this beautiful. You would do wonders with a dress."

Her words pounded on my head and I hiccuped a gasp. My smile faded as I widened my mouth, but I was quick to glance away to cool down the heat on my face. "Th-thank you. My name is Sagiso Tsutsuji, nice to meet you."

"And so am I."

I made a gentle smile at her and bowed to show my respect. I know that she's a commoner like me, but that's probably why she's more pleasant than the other bizarre people I've met.

Sure, Yasunori may be a commoner too, but that's just on paper. That girl is rich and is probably the illegitimate child of a Duchess. And Kimiaki isn't any better, she has intense anxiety that I'm not sure that she could breath without a shiver. Not to mention the thing she has with Sahoka...

"Wh-what kind of insecurity would make you bow to something normal like what I said???" Mihasu's voice cracked, and I only straightened my back.

"Insecurity? No no, this place is humble and kind, I have no reason to be insecure. Nope. None at all." I made a nervous chuckle.

"Oh." She blinked, before she smiled and shook her head. "Ahahaha, I deeply relate to that, higher class people sure are strange."

We exchanged a nod of respect before the stare of Kaneko became so intense that I swear she had a hint of blood lust. I straightened my smile and bowed to Mihasu before I went over next to her.

Just when I finally met someone who's mentally stable...

"You know what we need to do." Kaneko leaned closer to my ears and my blood rushed to that part of my body. I gulped, and just kept my smile while Mihasu made eye contact with me.

"Do you really need to say that literally in front of them?" I know it would be hard for her to do, but PLEASE just hide things for once.

"Right. Shit."

Oh my fucking god.

"As I was saying,The Wild Thorn of Khryrius..." Seba's eyes widened and pierced through her Fiance.

"Stop fucking calling me that! Shit's embarassing! Just call me princess!" Kaneko covered her face as she stomped on the floor, and red seeped through her palms.

"Ahaha! Okay then, Princess, please just fight with me!"

"Hell no! Is this how you people treat your Fiance?!"

Nice one, Kaneko! You really are a natural at picking fights! This engagement wouldn't last long at all.

That wasn't sarcasm, for the first time her temper is actually useful.

"They won't stop annoying you until she's satisfied." Raine stood next to her sister and gave them a bonk on the back of the head. "Let us make a deal. If you win the battle, we will back away. We will do everything in our power to cancel this engagement. If they win, we shall continue with the original plan."