STOP MOVING (Chapter 30)

Kaneko POV

"Stop it, we keep our promises." Raine raised her hand and smacked the Prince on their head once again. "Get another Hero to go with your stupid whims. What about Kiyuri? Their family needs status, and you know she's a strong mage. She might be able to help with your magic problem."

"Actually, Bijozakura-sama is taken." Sagiso brought up the fact that she was with Yasunori, and Mihasu nodded her head.

"Yes, she's engaged." Mihasu raised a finger.

"Wha?" This girl seriously got the wrong idea?

"No. Well, yeah she's engaged to someone– But we're not talking about that. She's currently happy with someone else right now, even if they're not really dating." I huffed and shook my head at the girl who had widened her eyes with what she said.

"And besides, I don't get why you people still have arranged engagements, isn't the point of your country the whole freedom shit? Why do you still force people into marriages?!" I placed my hands to the side of my hip and raised my chin over at the woman who seemed to be only a few inches shorter than me. In the corner of my eye, Sagiso's eye twitched as she narrowed her eyes down at me. The hero opened her mouth but gulped down a sigh instead.

What??? Did I do something wrong again??

"Both of the royals have to agree to the engagement, and beforehand they are interviewed if they really wish to get this engagement. I wouldn't say arranged engagements when they are reminded every minute that they can back out anytime, there is a law protecting them as well, so the parents can't do any dirty business." Mihasu replied without another second of thought, words flowed out of her mouth like a flower that hovered along a soft stream.

"..." I paused, and blinked down at her.

"Yet she still forced herself." I gritted my teeth.

"That sounds like a personal problem." Raine placed her hands in the middle of us and slipped through, now the one I had glared at was her. "We have helped so many young nobles from being forced to marry ever since my parents made that law, if Kiyuri has a problem with it, she has all the rights to bring it up to us. Especially since she's a Hero."

"Come on you three! Why are you debating over some stupid thing like laws 'n stuff?" Seba's hand swatted in front of me, pushed it closer to my face so I had no choice but to step back.

"I just want to stop an engagement that would make my best friend unhapp–"

"Sorry everyone, she's just a little grumpy from being hurt. It's hard to feel pain when you're the strongest Physical Enhancement User in this world." Sagiso cut my words, took my hand and lifted it up to my neck where my choker had laid once more. Raine placed her hand on her chin as she listened to Sagiso, before she raised an eyebrow as well.

"Wha?! That's bullshit, I'm not hurt at all!" I exclaimed.

"Totally~" Sagiso chuckled, before she leaned closer to my ear. "You didn't have to tell them about her and Yasunori! She's still engaged, she's technically emotionally cheating if they knew!"

With the complete opposite soft voice she had earlier, it was snappy and pierced my eyes. I only rolled my eyes at her and groaned.

"Fair." She does have a point, I don't want Kiyuri to get into further trouble because of me.

"An-anyway! Since three of the Heroes aren't available, what about the last one?" Sagiso placed her smile back on and faced them.

Kiyuri, someone who has Yasunori.

Feathers of Salvare, who is Sagiso, someone who is supposedly gone from this world.

And me, who just completely rejected her offer.