I like girls...? (Chapter 32)

Kaneko POV

I stared at the bandages on my arm again, tapped on the edges as the vibrations that went to my skin got muffled.

"Why do you keep glancing at it?" Sagiso asked, her red face away from me.

"Dunno, it just feels weird seeing this on me. I mean, it's been so long since I got hurt, and usually it would be solved by healing magic by that elf." I took away my hand from her hair and leaned back on the chair. I grabbed my mouth and chin to shield my flushed expression that the Hero similarly had.

The slightly narrowed eyes that aimed at me indicated that she didn't like me speaking to my Ex-boyfriend in such a way.

HMMM? Is it really so bad to call someone by That?

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Opened my palms and squeezed it into a fist, yet the bandages around it made me numb. "It's also the first time someone has nursed me, I am always the one who has to take care of myself."

I would bite the ones who tried to.

But I'm not that rabid anymore, and I got tougher as the days went by. When I had been injured during the Hero's Journey I was healed by either magic or potions.

So no one really has the chance to nurse me like this.

Magic is easier, but weirdly enough I feel as though something like this is personal.

There is effort, closeness, and touching.

That is exactly why I hated it.

To little me, it was the same as weakness. Getting close with someone was.

I now understand why that was stupid, but in a way my heart pricked at the thought.

"Uh… Really? I mean you never lie so…" Sagiso paused, before she gave a light chuckle.

"I would hate for you to be left to hurt even if it's something even if it seems as small as this. I'm sorry that was the case, I'm sure it wouldn't happen again now that I'm here."

"Hmm…?" I lifted my head towards her, and I was met with such a warm red. With a lopsided smile, she lifted her hand and patted my head.

H...Huh???

The flowers that I didn't know that had bloomed inside of my heart when I was just a child suddenly wilted.

That tiny girl tended to the ruby roses in her heart, and insisted that they need to be kept there for our garden to feel whole.

She yelled to me to not trust her, that Jie was just going to use me like the others had.

Yet, unlike last time, I knew that the thorns from the flowers would only hurt me.

As fake as Jie is, she would never mean any harm. That bitch is too nice for her own good.

Kiyuri had already cut off the petals.

Now Sagiso had pulled out the roots.

The little me seemed confused.

It's fine. They won't hurt us. Not anymore.

"...Thanks." It was the single word that popped to my head and eventually came out of my mouth. I knew it wasn't enough to express how she just took off a huge amount of weight to my past self.

She kept her hand on top of my head, her gentle caresses made me bob my head down. Not only did a smirk come across my face, but even the little me inside the garden of my heart seemed to relax herself.