Foreign. (Chapter 15)

Sagiso POV

Students chattered around me, and as soon as the pitter patter of my feet caught the attention of a black haired student, she ran towards me. Large round thick glasses that could make anyone barely see her eyes, cotton ball of a hair that fell down to the books and papers she embraced close to her chest.

"Ex-excuse me, Tsutsuji-san!" I could tell that thick and hard syllabic accent from a mile away, it came from Kimiaki, my classmate. I figured all people from Adventurine spoke this way, yet hers is just a special kind of heavy. Yasunori and Kiyuri have a softer way of speaking, but perhaps they came from a different part of the country.

She almost tripped in front of me, yet I caught her at the last second. She turned red from embarrassment and I only chuckled, "With such great falling skills, you should join ballet!"

"Sorry... I can't see very well..." Probably from the bangs that cover your glasses.

"It's alright, what do you need from me?" I smiled to reassure her, and she only gave a small whine.

"U-uh... Can you please give these papers to our homeroom teacher? A-and after class, if you're able to help another one of the sports clubs with moving their equipment again it would really help..." She muttered underneath her breath, and I let her go to adjust herself. The girl who was slightly taller than me took out a few papers that had slipped in the middle of the books, then she smiled sheepishly.

"Of course, no problem Kimiaki-san. Which time should I go there? The same as last time?" I titled my head and she nodded, "Yes... Thank you so much for helping us again!"

Back then I looked over to the many clubs so I could go ahead and look at some men that Kaneko would like, but they needed some extra arms to help move their equipment. I went ahead and helped them. Kimiaki-san was with me coincidentally.

"It's alright! I told you I'm always here to serve after all. Are you going to run for secretary in the student council? I heard they were going to hold it a few months from now. I'm sure you can get it, you're already helping so much." I gave her another smile and hiccuped a gasp before she shook her head, sweat dripped down her chin.

"N-no way! I'm just a commoner... I'm not even that strong, how I got into this school is beyond what I know... I think you should do it instead, you're charming and get along with everyone. I'm just the faculty's dog..." She gave a light sigh and adjusted her glasses while the books were still underneath her embrace.

Kimiaki got shoved into the role of classroom president in my class, just within a few days she's already the favorite of most teachers here. But, it means being instructed on being a helper, and as kind as she is she couldn't say no. I wanted to do it, however it seems that Kaneko pulled some strings and didn't let me have any extracurricular activities. I think it's because she wants me to focus on her and our summon... Or she just doesn't want me to get stuck helping other people all the time. I really don't know, but she clearly didn't think of me just volunteering to help so it sucks for her.

"Don't say that! You're such a nice girl, it doesn't matter if you aren't a noble or anything of the sort. I want you to have that spot, you know? You need to be recognized by your actions, I wouldn't dare take that away from you." I shook my head, before she just chuckled nervously.

"U-uhm... Yeah, I guess so..." She glanced away, as if to dismiss my words. "Thank you a lot, Tsutsuji-san. I-I have to go! Err, remember the papers and–"

"Yes, yes, of course. I won't forget. Just ask me if you need any more help, okay?"

She nodded and bowed down, before we parted ways. I stepped towards the classroom door and opened, a flash of light shined down on my target irises. A few blinks made it adjust to the room, and I glanced around to see that the teacher wasn't here.