A Small Victory! (Chapter 12)

Kaneko POV

"So, that's it, right?" I tilted my head over at the hero to make sure that we got all of the techniques to make sure the games go our way. My explanations made sense, so did her's, but we need to see if they really work.

"Yes, I think so. Did you get all of that, Miss Sahoka? No worries if you didn't! I can write it on a napkin or somethi-"

"Nope! No need! I already have it memorized! I'll report to you two right after, thanks for having me, boss~" The waitress saluted and bowed down.

"And oh yeah, tell one of your coworkers that I want some strawberry steak. With the discount too, of course. What do you want, Jie?" I didn't turn to her and only covered half of my face while I asked. Why the hell would I even look at her in the eyes after THAT happened?! I'm so fucking sure her lips touched mine for a second...

"Ah... I'll get the same thing that you have." She lowered her voice, the opposite of her clear tone earlier.

"Gotcha!~ They'll be here for a moment!" And so, the brat skips away.

""...""

What the FUCK do we even talk about now.

I always know how to lead a conversation, that's the whole point of being pretty and charming and all. Yet, I'm speechless. I silently scratched the side of my dress despite it not at all itchy earlier, I gave a light sigh as I set my eyes on the mocktail that the brat gave to us earlier. I took it, placed it in the middle of the table and glanced up at her.

Her sharp red was directed something behind me, probably to look at Yurie and Sunie. I groaned to get her attention, she made another fake smile and tilted her head at me. I pointed over at the drink and tilted my head. "We can drink this while we wait, you can get some first if you want."

"Ah... Don't you want to drink though?" She asked, leaned over the table while she avoided my gaze again.

"I said you can get some first, then get some!" I demanded, and she chuckled and nodded. She placed her rough yet small hands on one end of the heart straw, the lips that had caressed mine earlier placed on the hole. I gulped and covered my mouth as I bit my lip underneath it.

This succubus! I knew it! She is doing this on purpose damn it! Seriously, forcing me to play such a game!

My head reeled from the thought, pulse rushed whenever she glanced up at me with such a sultry gaze.

I... I... I am so angry! I know damn well this is anger! There might just be a few flutters here and there, but this is genuine anger! Everything used to be normal until she came! I didn't ask to have such a weird spell cast on me! I should really ask Yurie this after I did all of this for her, I know this girl did something weird on me...

But, what is it then?

What kind of spell would make me long for something I absolutely hate?

How... Weird.

"A–AH! It's spilling!"

Yeah, I know right, this feeling in my chest is spilling ou–

WAIT THAT WAS JIE–

I glanced up at her, my side of the straw had started to drip liquid, she desperately covered it up with the napkins ready on the table.

"What the fuck happened?! Why is there shit coming out from the other side?!" I exclaimed as she lowered her head and blinked at the straw from the bottom of the glass, a bubble went up the surface of the mocktail as she widened her eyes. "I-I think... Err, whenever I sip on one side, the other straw also lifts up some juice..."