Why are you fighting for me? (Chapter 14)

Sagiso POV

"Shut your fucking ass up, Jie! What the hell is going on here?!" Kaneko gritted her teeth and redirected her glare at me, yet when she narrowed her eyes, the princess eyebrows arched ever so slightly. A glint of the sun on her deep blue eyes turned it glassy, her scrunched up nose sniffled for a mere millisecond. Perhaps she hoped I couldn't hear it, but I did.

"They were just talking to me about something, you didn't need to kick him, okay? You know I can protect myself." I bit the inside of my lip, resisted the urge to turn away from her. Kaneko rolled her eyes and spat on the ground near my shoe as she took a step forward, pressed her index finger in the middle of my chest.

"Yeah, you sure fucking can, but you DIDN'T! Don't give me some stupid fucking excuse! I saw what was happening and I doubt I was wrong, you were scared god damn it! Why didn't you fight back?!" She screamed at me and I flinched. I clenched my teeth as I pressed my lips together in a straight line, "I wasn't SCARED. I don't get scared, Kaneko. I didn't fight back because I didn't want to hurt anyone. Look at what you did to him."

I gestured over to the man who was still on the ground, now the smaller man had been right beside him and asked him softly if he was okay. The skinny man beside them had only stared Kaneko down, hands folded and tugged on his own sleeves.

"So, after you cheated on so many men... You like a manly woman? I wonder what the King would say if he found out you were such a sinner."

"You'll never settle on a REAL man so you get this disgusting tomboy foreigner. I guess settling for the LOWEST of the LOW is a fit for a bitch like you..." The bigger man growled.

I widened my eyes at them, chest rose and lowered while sweat fell down my chin. I robotically chuckled and shook my head, my smile remained frozen while I shrugged.

"Awww, you think I'm that handsome. Thanks I guess~ Ha. Ha. Ha." My smile sharpened while I pulled on the hair near my eye, the tug burned a small part of my scalp, but that ache was enough to make me halt. My chuckle continued, one of my eyes twitched while some of my blue hairs hovered down to the ground. What's wrong with dressing masculine, huh? I don't give a fuck about what other people think, especially from the people in another world. But, even if I think that way, I wouldn't let the words come out of my mouth.

Because I know it's not their fault, the society around them conditioned them to be like this. Yelling at them about it wouldn't change much, and I don't want to be rude to people who wanted to help me and other people–

"HAH?! What the FUCK did you just say about Jie?!" Kaneko slammed her feet forward, screamed at them. That boom of a voice shook all of our bodies and made us snap in attention as she heaved her body in front of the elegant man, the two who had stood up earlier from her roar had been beside him and silently went in front of him to protect him.

"Kaneko, wait! We don't need to use violence, okay?!" I reached out to her arm but she swatted it away, a glare sent towards me while she grabbed the muscular man's collar. She lifted it up, his feet inches away from the ground despite the fact that he's taller than Kaneko herself.

"Are you so fragile that the thought of her wearing masculine clothes makes you insecure?! These are just pieces of clothing, if she wants to look handsome, let her! What are you going to do anyway?! Do I need to remind you that the majority of the Hero Association are women? We can beat your ass you little pieces of shit! Don't get cocky just because you're a man, and what the FUCK do you mean sinner?!" Kaneko screamed in front of him, some saliva came out of her mouth and onto his face. The bigger man just froze there as he paled, he couldn't even move his lips much alone utter a word.