Please tell me...! (Chapter 35)

Kaneko POV

"You know, Jie, you've changed." I spoke out as she tilted her head in front of me with a confused expression.

"Huh? What does that even mean? I still think I'm the same."

"No, but, you never would ask anyone anything. You always tried to do things alone since you want to help everyone for yourself."

She thinks she has the world on her shoulders and gets so depressed when she can't carry it properly. When she asks for help she still knows it is something for the world, she wants people in her party just for the fact that when she leaves and the world gets in danger we are still there to save it.

Because I know damn well she herself could handle the demon lord no problem.

Sagiso paused and her smile melted from her face. She held her breath and straightened her shoulders as she shook her head.

"That's not really it. I just wanted her away from you since she was so uncomfortable, and Kiyuri was the only one who could help me. And besides, I did want to talk to you about something." As she held my hand and directed me somewhere I didn't get again.

"W-wait you're countering your own words!" I exclaimed, but Sagiso didn't reply to me at all. Her pace only got heavier and I had no choice but to groan and roll my eyes.

She got rid of Kiyuri when Kimiaki had met me, and somehow Yasunori was nowhere to be found. Weird as hell when I remember that she's almost always with Kiyuri, but then again she does oversleep fairly often...

In the usual spot where we had our lunch at the dark side of the school away from the students, she sat on the table that we had set up on the first day here. She gestured to the seat in front of her and I sat there, "What's with all the formalities? Spit it out already."

"Ahaha, I guess I can't hide things from you." Sagiso chuckled and stared at the wooden table in front of us.

...

"Please just talk, I hate silence."

"What did you say to Torashi?"

I clenched my jaw.

"That's what you wanted to ask?" I raised an eyebrow and leaned back on the chair to look down at her. Her back had slumped back, head hung and hands on her lap.

Huh? Why the hell is she being like that?

"Yes. That is all."

"Well, he's not a bad guy so... I said yes to him. But, I'm serious this time. No playing around, I'll actually try to date him. There's many merits to being with him after all, and–" I wanted to elaborate further, but Sagiso had started to tremble in front of me. Her hair was slicked back other than her cowlick that stuck out, so nothing really veiled her pale expression away from my sight. Sweat dripped down her lap as her unnatural smile had paired up with erratic short breaths.

"J-jie?! Are you okay?!" I stood up and leaned over the table so I could see her expression more clearly. She whipped her head up at me and raised both of her hands to her side.

"Of course I am, I'm so happy for you! You finally found your Prince, why wouldn't I be happy?" Her voice was clear, no wavers in her statements could be heard not even with my enhanced hearing. Yet, the way she bent her back to get away from me, and how the smile she wore was completely frozen, I shook my head.

"You can't lie to me." I spat, before my eyes softened down at the girl who barely steadied her breath. With a flash of my mistake with Kimiaki, I took a deep inhale before I paced over to her.

"Why are you so upset? Did I do something wrong??" My voice lowered, bit my lip on how my voice sounded just like a whine. I gulped, and the guilt dripped down my back.