Not again! (Chapter 56)

Third Person POV

"So go be happy with Kaneko." Marisa smiled up at Sagiso, her eyes muddled with sadness but there was a fire of determination underneath it.

"I already know you don't like me, and Kaneko is someone who's truly passionate about you from how she acts. So I have little chance, really." Marisa took her hands off Sagiso and leaned back to the back frame of the bed. Marisa sighed as she rested, and Sagiso could only stare at her in surprise.

"Other than the fact that you two can't date because you are in different worlds, there really aren't any problems I can see." Marisa could only chuckle at her own misery, but she knew it was going to go away someday when she moved on. She had said her part, and if she won't be accepted, then that is what happens.

Change is not forceful.

"What about you?" Sagiso had already rejected Marisa once, but to do it again after she poured her heart for her and the girl that she liked she couldn't bear to see that face of acceptance.

"What about me?" Marisa raised an eyebrow. "I am better than begging for affection, Sagiso. I know you might feel bad, but please don't be."

"I genuinely want you two to be happy, even if it hurts me. You know I don't lie." Marisa folded her hands and smiled at Sagiso who stared with her with such puppy eyes.

"This feels wrong."

"I know, but there's no need to feel guilt, Sagis–"

"Not that." Sagiso cut her off and shook her head. Marisa raised an eyebrow at her response and narrowed her eyes in curiosity.

"What do you mean then?"

"I... I don't know." Sagiso shook her head and Marisa snickered.

She knew that Sagiso was able to tell other's emotions easily, but not her own. Since she barely knows herself and how she reacts to stimuli, of course she would say something like that.

"Why don't you go talk to Kaneko about it? She has more emotional intelligence than you."

"Wow, rude." Sagiso chuckled in response and rolled her eyes, but nodded in agreement.

"You were close enough to her to notice that, huh?" Sagiso hung her legs on the edge of the bed and hopped up. She patted Marisa's before she stepped towards the exit and took a deep inhale.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine?"

"I'll heal."

"That's not a satisfying answer." Sagiso turned back to Marisa and she shook her head.

"But it is the truth."

Sagiso sighed and continued on to open the door. Her gaze was set at the ground as she twirled her hair around her fingers, Sagiso knew what she did was wrong. But she didn't understand why she thought that way...

Marisa is the same as always, just more bold now. What about her? Will she seriously just return back to her savior impulses because she feels bad?

No. Just like Marisa, she wants to change, she wants to accept herself for so long.

.

.

.

Once again she was left alone.

"..." Marisa let out a breath that she held, and then shook her head.

This will poison their relationship, she's sure.

But she clearly doesn't just want to sit still anymore.

If only her words can change the world, then so be it.