Snap out of it! (Chapter 29)

Sagiso POV

"Excuse me..." I stepped into the green house with the girl with a flower on the back of her head stared over at the bushes that surrounded her.

"Greetings, you're back." Mihasu glanced down at me and smiled, I nodded back at her as her eyes laid on what I had on my hand.

"Macarons, perfect for my tea. Thank you."

"I had that thought in mind." I stepped towards her table and placed it there, she picked it up with her laced gloves and took a bite out of it. She placed her palms to hover on top of her mouth so she wouldn't show much of her chewing... Weird, people from Adventurine usually just don't care about that. She seems like someone from the east rather than the west. I was concerned that they use different snacks since she came from a different place but it seems that she was completely okay with this.

Even Kiyuri sometimes struggled with food in Khryrius due to how it was, thank goodness she didn't.

"What are you doing? Sit down already. No need to stand, I'm not a lady okay? I may look like it, but I am still a commoner. My parents just own a shop that sells dresses to the nobles." She gestured towards the chair beside her and chuckled at my behavior.

My face flushed red, and I nodded to sit beside her.

"Come on, eat! You brought these snacks, it would be unfair for you to be left behind. I told you, we're friends aren't we?" She tilted her head at me

Fuck. She is so pretty. Why is she so pretty? Am I just overreacting because this is the first time I've seen someone mentally stable in this world?

I glanced up at her, and she blinked at me. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, I was just thinking that you're very pretty Mihasu-san. It's hard to act like you aren't a lady because you're just that beautiful." I lifted up my hand and tugged at my hair as her eyes widened for a moment.

Mihasu nodded and lowered the cup that was near her lips, she made sure that the tea had been properly placed on the table before she opened her mouth. "Thank you."

And she took that so elegantly too! She's so cool?!

I almost made a squeal, it's been a while since I've seen a proper noble that actually seems like they're in control of everything in a good way. I know that she's a commoner, but she seems more noble-like compared to all of the ones i've met.

The door swung open, a gust of air that came straight from the desert coated me with light sweat. I glanced over the girl with braided hair, her glacial gaze was straight towards me. I gulped, and she opened her mouth despite the stare of a laser towards me that might just burn through my skull.

"Mihasu. Seba is in trouble." Raine spoke with her usual calm tone, yet the shadows on her eyes when she kept her eye contact with me made it clear she wasn't as stoic as it seems.

"What?!" She stood up so fast the chair behind her fell with a clank, and I snapped my head towards her.

"Excuse me, Tsutsuji-san, I have to go." She managed to bow down despite the sweat that rolled down her cheek. Mihasu grabbed the front edge of her skirt, ran towards the exit. Each rapid step was erratic, yet, she managed to make that determined desperation to become elegant.

She is so fucking cool.

"Omae."

Once the lens of a daydream got erased, I whipped my head over at the Princess and stood up before I bowed down.

I must have done something wrong, she used Omae to refer to me. If the westerners of this world have the same usage of certain words in Japan, then this isn't good...