Undeniable Truth. (Chapter 47)

Marisa POV

With Kaneko's constant grumble towards the greenhouse, the couple had only snickered to her.

The Gardenia had stood beside me as we paced over, left over water trickled down her back as she just got out the bath a few moments ago.

"..." I didn't speak and just stared at her hair that had the same color as my eyes.

"U-uh... Do you like the hairstyle My Lady has done?" She asked me in a low manner. Gardenia trailed her fingers at the side of her head where braids crowned her hair. It was a fairly simple hairstyle, yet it pairs up well with her innocent and clean look.

"Yes, I noticed it earlier but felt no need to point it out. There is something missing, however."

"Eh? What is it?"

I turned to the side as we passed through the garden, the flowers that were all too familiar called to me. I took the stems and gently snapped them, arranged them in a bundle.

"Flowers?"

"You're an elf. Moreover, your name is Gardenia. You must have these." I lifted up my small fingers and pinned the flowers on her hair, scattered them in an orderly fashion so the colors could balance well together.

"I knew Iris and Marguerite would fit in with your blonde hair. Iris means faith, Marguerite means secret love." I tucked some of her hair behind her ear as a final touch and I nodded.

Blue and yellow fit together, after all. They're the opposite side of the color wheel, and that is what makes them pleasing to the eyes.

"Wo-woah... It's like a flower arrangement..." Her green eyes that complimented all of the colors in her head gleamed further.

"Aren't I so pretty?" She gave a cheeky grin, yet tears held in her eyes.

"Objectively, very." I nodded and gave a light smile.

"Thank you." She blinked, and giggled at herself while a single tear fell on her cheek.

Even if she was born as a man, she strives to become someone who's feminine.

And the truth is, Gardenia never felt like a man.

Kiyuri's words came out of my mind.

Could she have smiled this beautifully if she accepted the truth of her birth...?

"..."

I'm sure she couldn't.

Not when her own body betrays her every single day.

She had the audacity and courage to change the truth...

How prideful.

How... Envious.

"If I fall in love with you, please don't blame me." She snickers, and I stumble back with a widened gaze.

"Th-that..." My cheeks turned a light red before I took a deep inhale to get the oxygen back to my head, and my blood pressure to lower.

"You are free to feel however you wish. But, you do know I love someone else." I spoke towards her in a stern manner, and she only chuckled.

"You really like using rationality, huh? It's cute when you suddenly change your emotionless face though."

Rationality is the only reason why I had kept myself to push everyday.

"Haah... I got rejected so many times now... If The Knight didn't belong to My Lady, I'm sure I would have confessed to her too." She sighs softly before she snickered.