Not My Fault. (Chapter 22)

Sagiso POV

As the woods slid away to my side when I dashed towards a clearing, I stared at the moon above us. The silver light reflected on the small lake, strands of hair like the purple midnight sky was beside the lake. A wooden tube on his hand, the rough lips against it while it softly played a tune that seemed like chirps.

"I am here, Sir." I took a step forward on the grass and my eyes were immediately on the ground as I bowed.

"My sister looked for her robe and that little thing she gave you, where is it?" He demanded as he lowered the flute and tucked it inside the side of his vest.

"Yes, it's here." I reached into the robe and took out the mini camera first before I took off the clothing and gave it to him. After that, I went back to my frozen bow with the same old smile on my face.

"Good. Now, what in the world was that about?! We clearly agreed on a SINGLE attack before we ran away!" Another person who yelled at me and shook the ground with their voice. I didn't waver, other than the slight twitch of my smile.

"Forgive me for doing a second one and ruining your moment."

I am so useless.

I had specific instructions yet when I saw the way that Kaneko's empty gaze blinked at him, my body moved without my thoughts. This is why I shouldn't get near Kaneko, her impulsive actions influence me. No, I don't think that's even the case, I shouldn't blame her.

It was clear I just didn't want her to be that close to him.

I should have been able to control myself, I always had kept my own emotions to myself if it would hinder my job. I kept all of the freedom to my employers and now that they actually started to like each other, and it was all according to plan, why did I just ruin it?

For these stupid feelings that would go away eventually?

Pathetic.

I had this job and personality before this girl came, I am not just going to throw it away because of it.

To think I can't even control myself, disgusting.

"I thought Hime-sama would have a bigger standard than this... As far as I heard, she doesn't like people serving her as it would limit her freedom. Yet, she took you under your wing? Sure, you're powerful with magic, but that doesn't really matter if you can't even understand basic commands." He spat, the dissatisfaction and disappointment slammed down my head and made me deepen my bow.

"I deeply apologize." Thank goodness he asked me to help him with this, I need to get reminded of how I should act. But I wonder why he couldn't just ask his sister, in the end Kiyuri is closer with Kaneko than me.

"As you should." He groaned, then shook his head while my sweat traveled down to my chin and dropped to the ground.

"Now, were the traits I applied to her liking? Did you talk to her about it?"

"Forgive me, sir, but she usually goes to sleep early for tomorrow's class. She might talk to me or your sister tomorrow about it."

"Tch. Always my sister again."

Oh. That's why.

"Even the girl that I want to woo is with her?! She has EVERYTHING. The world's appreciation, the magic skills, the perfect personality, and now I see the girl that I like on her lap and them both flirting?!" Torashi bashed his foot against the ground and a crack on the ground trailed in the middle of my legs.

But I kept my smile and stood straight despite the world that shook around me.

"I know that bitch likes girls... If those two really were just GAL PALS what the fuck is up with the constant banter and physical affection?!"